GOP tries to expel anti-gun violence protestor but keeps GOP child molester & chair urinator

Originally published at: GOP tries to expel anti-gun violence protestor but keeps GOP child molester & chair urinator | Boing Boing

8 Likes

He’s also protesting while black, another GOP crime.

31 Likes

i am so done listening to GQP howling when they do crap like this.

16 Likes

Repugs voted to expel:

voted to expel:

voted not to expel (1 vote short):

Does it even need saying?

32 Likes

I’m getting sick of it also but we have to keep fighting their hypocrisy lest they continue getting away with this sh*t and/or worse to come.

17 Likes

Something, something, worshipping false idols.

Golden guns above all else for those MthrFkrs.

17 Likes
18 Likes

So at this point, what just stops them from expelling all the democrats?

13 Likes

Pearson, one of the expelled legislators, was also criticized in February and told he should “explore a different career opportunity” for wearing a Dashiki on the floor of the legislature even though, and I cannot emphasize this strongly enough, there is no dress code.

22 Likes

They want to kill people who are not white, christian, and heterosexual.

9 Likes

I really can’t take this shit anymore. It’s like every single day there is something worse than the day before. I’m glad I live in New York, but this is wearing greatly on my mental stability.

7 Likes

Every time we think we’ve seen the worst, there is a new low.
Why, because the worst possible consequences include a speaking tour and a podcast, plus a suitcase full of cash.
Doesn’t seem to be much of a deterrent.

14 Likes

This is fucking ridiculous. Is there no recourse? Do those seats just remain empty? Is this going to be more common in Republican controlled state houses?

I heard a Democrat in NC changed their party to Republican, giving them a super majority now. :confused:

7 Likes

Gliding bit by bit towards white one party rule without a note of irony.

12 Likes

In Tennessee, from an article I read earlier, a replacement can be appointed by the County level of government, which I would hope is happening right now. The good news is that they can, and probably will, just appoint the same people back into their positions, and there is nothing preventing them from running again in the next election.

In theory, if this becomes common, the counties in question will probably just have emergency sessions every time it looks likely to happen and reappoint the expelled as fast or faster than the GOP can vote them out.

22 Likes

Seems like the GOP collectively forgot about this legendary quote from Chris Tucker:
“Guns don’t kill people! Stupid moth******ers with guns kill people!”

8 Likes

Representative Francisco Scaramanga (R) poses for his official Christmas Card.

9 Likes

Remember when the US had a functioning democracy? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

12 Likes

The GOP majority has expelled Representative Pepperidge Farm (D) for remembering inconvenient truths fake news.

13 Likes

Just… stop. You’re just insulting the two reps who just got expelled for their work, as well as every single person putting in the work to turn the tide.

And don’t think California is somehow immune to this shit. Your state gave us both Nixon AND Reagan, after all. And an active white supremacist movement. And there was a town that just got rid of their voting machines, for no reason whatsoever. Etc.

Once again, this is a NATIONAL problem, that we’ve all got to come together to fix. You’re just being lazy and letting the fascists win by acting like this is just down here.

Do better.

21 Likes