Tennessee lawmakers introduce bill that allows a man to bar a woman from abortion

No there won’t. Remember, these laws never ever apply to them. They will just send the person out-of-state (or out of the country) to get the procedure quietly (after all, they are rich and can afford to), and continue to decry those evil poor people who want abortions.

5 Likes

Should include full legal responsibility for the child and its expenses for life. You want it, you pay for it.

4 Likes

RC version: If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.

1 Like

Men who think like this don’t deserve to have sex, procreate, or drive or operate heavy machinery.

3 Likes

And if I were another female legislator there, I would append a amendment that required the man to have a non-reversible vasectomy as soon as the bond is posted.

4 Likes

Proof of parenthood requires only that the petitioner acknowledges paternity.

They do not understand what the word ‘proof’ means. But they they ARE republican fuckwits, so hardly a surprise.

I foresee some Spartacus moments, with some Spartaci making it clear they are the father and do NOT object to the abortion. I bet their idiotic drafting has not allowed for such events.

4 Likes

Easily, I’d have thought, because their wives would likely be looking back at them in adoration.
I’m pretty certain that the wives of these men are the same women who harangue women who go to abortion and birth-control clinics, the ‘Right-To-Life’ers, who clutch at their pearls and have fit of the vapours at the merest hint that a woman might actually have a right to what she does with her own body, without a Man interfering.

4 Likes

I have fun with those assholes when I take my gf to planned parenthood for normal health checkups, I harass them openly and strongly right back.

My goal is to kill their will to live. I’m particularly nasty about it, and enjoy making them feel like shit- because someone should.

Sometimes being an asshole is for the common good. I play that role with gusto for my gf, who doesnt deserve jesus people harassing her when she’s headed to get a normal checkup on a benign condition.

6 Likes

Just a reminder that so-called respectable conservatives were passing laws like this before Trump.

4 Likes

If men could get pregnant women would be running the world.

slight edits for clarity.

6 Likes

If men, and only men, could get pregnant, the entire population of earth would be about 50,000 people.

1 Like

Yup, I understand the urge to make quips about paying for the baby but it’s not about that. It’s about autonomy.

I have never wanted to be pregnant, I’m pretty sure I’m actually phobic about it. And I’ve never wanted kids so I’ve never had to think much about that phobia.

I wouldn’t do it for a billion dollars. I’d have to basically be homeless to consider doing it for a billion dollars.

Having kids is perfectly normal and easy to write off as an inevitability by people who’ve always assumed they will do it. But there are also those who have never considered it an option for them under any circumstances.

8 Likes

Because they view their wives as property. Do you feel guilty about changing the oil in your car without its consent?

Same as it ever was.

5 Likes

Ironically- my car tells ME when it needs an oil change.

It gives me service life on the engine oil and reminds me when it needs changed.

Funny enough, I like it that way.

If my damn car can give me consent, why is it so hard for conservative men to get that from human women?
It’s because unlike me with my car- they don’t give a damn what women have to say.

I would never make the comparison of a human woman to a vehicle but if I follow your analogy this is the conclusion I get.

1 Like

Margaret Atwood has been a trans ally for a long time. She has repeatedly said that The Handsmaids Tale is about what happens if you remove autonomy from cis women, trans people and cis men who do not meet patriarchial norms.

We are all gender traitors in Gilead.

7 Likes

These men never have to look their wives in the eyes. Don’t you know that the Proper Wife™ always keeps her eyes downcast in the presence of her master?

Excuse me now, because after having written that I need to go vomit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.