Teri S. Wood's Wandering Star Gets New Omnibus Graphic Novel

[Read the post]

I lucked out and found an almost complete run of the original comics at a local thrift shop in January. I had never heard of it before, but ate the whole thing up in one sitting.

One particular aspect I dug about the loosies were the notes from Terri in each issue. It sounded like a lot happened to her throughout the creation of the book, which I found really easy to relate to as I was delayed on a comic project of my own.

She doesn’t go into details, but it sounds like Wantering Star was her attempt at striking out on her own as a publisher, writer, and cartoonist. Mix that in with a couple moves along the west coast and a lot of self doubt and old fashioned fund raising, but somehow she managed to finish the full series. Reading all those notes 15 years later really touched me.

1 Like

I picked up the omnibus at Stories on Sunset in Los Angeles. Not much of a gamble, afterward by Carla Speed McNeil. I’m in it to about 1/3. Badass, beautiful, and already made me cry a couple times. Madison’s description of what it’s like to be a telepath…

1 Like

You two convinced me - I gotta check this out!

1 Like

I hope you like it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You just made my day! Thank you!

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.