Terms and Conditions: the bloviating cruft of the iTunes EULA combined with extraordinary comic book mashups

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/03/compliance-is-mandatory-resist.html

Back in 2015, cartoonist Robert Sikoryak started publishing single pages from his upcoming graphic novel Terms and Conditions, in which he would recount every word of the current Apple iTunes Terms and Conditions as a series of mashup pages from various comics old and new, in which Steve Jobsean characters stalked across the panels, declaiming the weird, stilted legalese that “everyone agrees to and no one reads.”

1 Like

I agree: tl;dr

6 Likes

So weird. I think I like it.

4 Likes

There are levels on which I don’t get it, but I can’t argue against the poetry of a fuck you to EULAs and a love letter to comics sharing the same page.

9 Likes

It looks like the Wachowskis might have found the script to Matrix IV.

13 Likes

Urban legend has it that if you read the whole thing, you’ll go insane. Actually, that might not be urban legend…

4 Likes

Steve Jobs? What a blockhead!

3 Likes

It reminded me that I miss Hyperbole and a Half alot

5 Likes

Doesn’t Steve Jobs climb out of your mirror and rearrange your furnishings?

1 Like

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Jobs Ku’uperteenoh wgah’nagl fhtagn!

2 Likes

I remember seeing this before. I liked the idea of it but it just seemed like slapping words on top of random comic panes. It just wasn’t very interesting, engaging, or entertaining.

lawcomic.net for example takes very dry concepts including the literal text of the Constitution makes it and entertaining and interesting to read. This on the other hand just seems like panel after panel of dry text on contextless content.

Them’s fightin’ words were I come from! :wink:

Yours sincerely,

Annoyed of Innsmouth

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.