Tesla crashes into backyard pool in Phoenix, Arizona

Originally published at: Tesla crashes into backyard pool in Phoenix, Arizona | Boing Boing

5 Likes

he heard a loud noise from his recently-removed backyard

???

10 Likes

That’ll buff right out.

10 Likes

Haven’t you seen Vittorio De Sica’s classic, “I ladri del cortile” (The Backyard Thieves)?

2 Likes

Keith, is that you?

3 Likes

Another round of “guess the autocorrect”. Best I can come up with is “recently mowed”, but it’s a bit reachy

6 Likes

Or “renovated”. close enough in letter count.

Here’s hoping the home owner doesn’t have to deal with a months long debacle with either their insurance company or the car owner’s insurance company to get the wall repaired. (had a friend of mine deal with a similar issue, and the issues they had with their insurance company just makes my blood boil.)

8 Likes

Gonna be tricky getting the car out of that pool safely. Tesla batteries are several hundred volts, and pool water is conductive. (note to kibitzers: pure, distilled water is barely conductive with resistivity of 18 megohm-cm, but even a tiny bit of salt, chlorine, or pool acid will change that story dramatically. So I’d be careful in pulling out the Tesla without a well thought out plan)

5 Likes

Uncle Enzo won’t be happy.

9 Likes

“Full self-driving this year.”
Musk, 2016…

7 Likes

The homeowner said “I looked out the window and saw my worst nightmare”.

Sorry, Charlie, but that’s a severe failure of imagination on your part. That’s a stack of bricks and some concrete. Yeah it will be an insurance headache, but hardly the stuff of nightmares.

7 Likes

Pfft! As if any of his deliverators would be driving a Tesla! Elno reminds him of this officer in Nam…

5 Likes

Unimpressed Spongebob Squarepants GIF

3 Likes

It’s okay- being outside in Phoenix, I’m sure the pool’s water has all boiled away. The hard part will be prying the melted tires off the bare concrete.

6 Likes

Why does it being a Tesla make it newsworthy? Any other make it would just be called a car.

Maybe - hear me out - they could drain the pool first?

2 Likes

The driver has been detained for questioning.

2 Likes

Well, I’d start by draining the pool :wink:

[ETA: Whadda ya know? They didn’t]

3 Likes

The driver didn’t get the upgrade package, I see.

5 Likes

Musk bought that car ten years ago with a stated goal to make it into a functional submarine. Of course he didn’t, because he’s an idiot who actually knows very little about engineering.

5 Likes