Tesla driver who failed to close gullwing door makes a costly mistake

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/07/tesla-driver-who-failed-to-clo.html

0e3

9 Likes

:rofl:
That’ll buff right out.

9 Likes

From the looks of that garage, this is someone who takes cars very seriously. Bet it comes out of the poor kid’s allowance.

4 Likes

24 Likes

I can somewhat sympathize, my eldest kid frequently forgets to close his door - luckily I lack a garage on which to shear it off.

2 Likes

I’m struggling to care. Like, I enjoy laughing at the stupid mistakes of others, but…meh. A minor inconvenience to someone who will probably blame their mistake on someone else.

In my experience, there are way too many insufficiently idiot-proof products out there.

1 Like

I fear what a sufficiently idiot proof product would look like.

12 Likes

I may or may not have backed-out of my garage with my own door open once…

(car was ok but I put a big dent in the fridge that was there…)

3 Likes

11 Likes

Put it in rice.

14 Likes

I fear what it would sound like. If the driver opened the door with the motor running, my parents’ Nissan Maxima would constantly say, “Door is ajar.” It used to really annoy us. Now, I can imagine an upgraded Tesla model saying, “I told you so!”

6 Likes

That caught my attention. Anyone who has a car lift and a 1965 Mustang convertible has admirable car goals.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Man you think Mr. Frumble is having a bad day, I’m more concerned about what that Butcher does on a good day.

5 Likes

I’d imagine the next 23 seconds were more interesting.

6 Likes

That would make it harder to ghost ride the whip though.

3 Likes

Encased in a concrete tomb, six feet down.

Or is that too dark?

1 Like

A 65 with alloy wheels?

got what they deserved

6 Likes