Tesla's $300 wireless smartphone charger is expensive

Originally published at: Tesla's $300 wireless smartphone charger is expensive | Boing Boing

2 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

4 Likes

How’s that product line going, BTW?

7 Likes

Presenting Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

8 Likes

Sooner or later, every tech hardware company tries to see what rich idiots are willing to pay for commodity components crammed into a fancy housing.

4 Likes

Isn’t this just standard Chinese charger guts with a custom case, and if it is Cybertruck inspired, why is it black?

I’m not sure about running an oscillating magnetic charging field through an aluminum case, but I guess they’ve taken the eddy fields into account. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Can’t be much worse than the Dewalt-branded wall-wart phone charger my brother gave me for my birthday.

Oh wait, maybe it can be worse. Elmo’s involved.

3 Likes

Are we talking physically shocked? Because I would absolutely believe that.

7 Likes

Doc Brown Shock GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

5 Likes

I might buy that, but first I’d need to spend $1000 on this Apple Monitor Stand

2 Likes

Except it isn’t. You can place your device anywhere on the mat and it will charge. This is similar to the technology that Apple tried getting working but cancelled due to poor performance and the requirement to charge their Watch on the same mat (MacWorld). I guess reviews will show if Tesla’s product works with the Watch, or if it’s just a compromised, sub-par product released before the technology is fully baked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.