Tesla's Elon Musk is at it again with the stupid tweets

Thanks for this. I’m really weirded out a lot that there is so much hate for Elon on this generally left-leaning platform. People who still think Elon is a horrible person should maybe do some better research in how he is changing the world instead of just skimming the news. I recommend the article about him on waitbutwhy.com: https://waitbutwhy.com/2015/05/elon-musk-the-worlds-raddest-man.html

1 Like

:slight_smile: Thanks to you, too :slight_smile:

A moron with good intentions is still a moron.

2 Likes

Yes, because focusing on personality traits is obviously way more important than pointing out the countless ways in which he is pushing the world towards a more positive future.

1 Like

did you just create this account for PR purposes?

8 Likes

Yep… a real revolutionary… overturning the system…

Just the same old capitalist tactics with fancy new window dressing…

17 Likes

Actually I’m a long time BB fan and reader, and I honestly do not understand why there is so much hate for this guy, who is obviously changing the world into a better and more sustainable place for all of us. Again, check the Wait but Why article to get a sense of the dramatic increase in wellbeing he is undertaking for all of us. If this was a right-wing, muscle car lovin’, nature hatin’ platform I’d get it…but on BoingBoing? Why?

2 Likes

So to answer your question, I was triggered to create an account after one too many anti Elon posts on a platform I otherwise love. Burllamb spoke out more eloquent than I ever could about this, so I wanted to thank him.

1 Like

show and tell

3 Likes

I can’t agree more.

2 Likes

No-one is above criticism - not even dumb criticism. There’d be a lot less of the latter if Musk could manage to not blow the foam off the top of his id to the entire Internet.

6 Likes

It is just rumor that didn’t search proper cancer treatment? If it would be true, it would be fatally stupid.

2 Likes

Seems to be true.

2 Likes

Not to dispute what these people claim, but how did they loose money? The inference is they are long term investors in Tesla; if they bought before early 2017 they are still ahead.

1 Like

Medium lays it all out nicely:

A fascinating three-way collision between Koch Bros. propaganda, stock-market short-sellers’ self-interest, and the media’s uncritical regurgitation of anything they’re fed that makes for clickety headlines.

…the media reacted as if he’d had a meltdown, a thread of attack which continues today with headline after headline questioning his sanity. Shorters’ PR campaigns are feeding that line of attack to press organizations time and again.

I wonder if Xeni realizes she’s carrying water for the Koch Bros. here.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.