Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton gets off fraud charges by paying $300k and promising to attend two days ethics training

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/26/texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-gets-off-fraud-charges-by-paying-300k-and-promising-to-attend-two-days-ethics-training.html

11 Likes

Ugh, that screenshot of Paxton’s smirking mug from CNN makes me think “Chevy Chase playing an even less likable version of himself.”

18 Likes

Came here to make this comment, but you beat me to it. I would have changed “less likable” to “even smarmier”, but they’re roughly equivalent.

14 Likes

Ugh, I am so thoroughly sick of wealthy White men getting away with crimes that would put anyone else under a fucking prison.

‘Somehow,’ for all that blusterous pomp & circumstance about creating a better government, the US still ended up as an aristocracy, only without inheritable titles.

30 Likes

I’m not so sure about the lack of inherited titles; they are just corporate ones rather than aristocratic ones. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

17 Likes

Red State ethics training, what a cesspit that must be!

9 Likes

Schitts Creek Girl GIF by CBC

16 Likes

Why am I not surprised?

As far as I know, he has a lawsuit pending by some whistleblowers, but haven’t heard much about it lately.

Gods, it’s only Tuesday.

7 Likes

Angry Alan Rickman GIF

16 Likes

Preach Jennifer Lopez GIF by NBC

9 Likes

It take 3 seconds. Their manual simply states “we have none”

6 Likes

How on earth can it be restitution without any admission of guilt? The act of restitution implies Paxton enriched himself unfairly at the expense of others.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, it is always Tuesday.

Your_right!

5 Likes

In the US our justice system is irredeemably corrupt, top to bottom, and the rule of law is hanging on by a thread. How much longer are we going to put up with the kleptocracy before we begin to bring the parasitic financial class to actual justice?

3 Likes

I pity the instructor who has to waste their time on that.

6 Likes

I don’t know, he the instructor could have fun.

no-no-newspaper

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.