Texas Attorney General Paxton boasts Trump would have lost Texas if not for his mail-in ballot block

Originally published at: Texas Attorney General Paxton boasts Trump would have lost Texas if not for his mail-in ballot block | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I know another bad actor will likely assume office after Paxton, but I am enjoying his demise.

26 Likes

I hope he ‘hits every branch’ on his way down as he falls…

28 Likes

So he is publicly stating that he knowingly manipulated the voting process?

That’s federal prosecution time, right?

23 Likes

No, he’s publicly stating that he legally manipulated the voting process. It’s terrible that he blocked the sending out of main-in ballot applications, but he did it through the courts. He got the courts to block it. What would the feds prosecute him for? I mean involving this. They’re already investigating him for other shit and I hope they throw his ass in jail, but this wasn’t illegal election tampering.

12 Likes

If he’s saying he lied to the courts about why he wanted the mail block, that’s got to be tampering.

15 Likes

…and lands bare-assed onto a cactus plant.

15 Likes

This article says he lied to Bannon’s listeners, not to the courts. I’m sure he lied to both, but that would be extremely difficult to prove.

10 Likes

Republicans are outnumbered.

They are doing everything they can to stay in power.

By default this means opposing democracy.

13 Likes

I think you misspelled “onto a fire ant mound”

7 Likes

Choice Choose GIF by G2 Esports

13 Likes

So what he thinks he’s saying is “We stopped all the fraudulent mail-in votes and allowed Supreme Leader to take his rightful victory!”, but what he’s actually saying is “We disenfranchised just the right number of people to rig the election in our favour!” So, I mean, he’s out of line, but he’s right.

8 Likes

:confused:

2 Likes

It amuses me that Texas Attorney General thinks that Trump gives a flying flip about anything he imagines he’s done for Trump. Also he thinks Trump is still President?

4 Likes

Native Texan here. Yes, it’s true that Republicans really can’t win in a lot of places w/o implementing every voting restriction trick in the book. But as usual, Paxton overestimates his “contribution”. Texas is purple, but it ain’t THAT purple. We still have plenty of bigoted MAGAts to go around, esp. in suburban/exurban and rural areas.

5 Likes

Even if you send in an absentee ballot, there’s no guarantee they’ll be counted and no real way to do anything about it.
:upside_down_face:

I’ll supply the honey and the stakes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.