Texas authorities admit Uvalde shooter wasn't "barricaded"

Not tried. Did. The incident commander was the police chief of the school district’s police department. He ordered everyone to wait because he decided it was no longer an active shooter situation but a barricaded person situation. When Border Patrol arrived, that guy was still the incident commander, so he had authority over them as well. He needs to be prosecuted.

11 Likes

@beschizza makes a salient point with this alteration of the pro-fascist flag sticker. I may endeavor to print yellow stripes on adhesive paper to slap onto any fascist stickers I find walking through any given parking lot. I park in the back 40 at every store, I could have many opportunities…:smirk:

19 Likes

that actually seems likely to me given how much they’ve been lying about the timeline of the day. it has all the appearance of not wanting people to find out what happened inside the school.

also, that photo from @dfaris seems to be from their facebook page feb 2020:

The Uvalde Police Dept. S.W.A.T. will be visiting the Uvalde CISD schools and local businesses throughout the day. The purpose of the visits is to familiarize themselves with layouts of our local schools and businesses. S.W.A.T members will be in full tactical uniforms and we did not want the public to be alarmed when seen. We appreciate the cooperations of all schools and businesses involved. We will continue working together to make Uvalde the safest place to live.
Thank You #UvaldeSafe

jfc. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. On a similar note I’ve wanted to print ‘I :heart: watersports’ stickers to surreptitiously add to ‘Peeing Calvin’ stickers for some time now.

6 Likes

Dear Dog, are those still a thing? The last time I saw one was in Ohio around 10 years ago, and of course Calvin was peeing on the University of Michigan ‘M’.

7 Likes
20 Likes

I still see them, not as many as when I lived in a rural area 15-20 years ago. At the time they seemed to mostly be used to express displeasure with rival pickup truck manufacturers.

1 Like

I guess immaturity refuses to leave a certain segment of GenX-ers. :pensive:

6 Likes

Still, it doesn’t have to be Calvin

2 Likes

I see a lot of the Calvin praying ones around still. Are those a thing because they get their Calvins confused or because they get Calvin and Calvary confused? Discuss

6 Likes

Yeah, the fact that they were stolen designs that Bill Watterson wasn’t happy about has always made me dislike those things.

6 Likes

Yeah, those are pretty obnoxious, too.

2 Likes

Jumping right in to protect them.

26 Likes

Cowards gonna cower

23 Likes

The mayor is trying to absolve himself from any responsibility and is asking the police chief to resign. Both he and Abbott are the victims now. :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

From a Twitter post:

“Blue lives scatter.”

33 Likes

Slow Clap GIF by Wiz Khalifa

Welp, this flag is even more apt now.

13 Likes

Yeah, they’ve changed the story - and pretty radically - what, about a dozen times now? I understand these are typical small-town police incompetents who aren’t used to getting a lot of attention and thus aren’t used to having to make sure they’re presenting the most accurate information - or having to carefully craft their lies - and the situation was really chaotic so that’s the reason for a certain amount of confusion and story changing. But lying apparently being something of a standard operating procedure for them, it also seems like they’re getting caught out lying and that’s at least part of the reason the story is changing.

16 Likes

They didn’t see the sign that said “push”, so when they tried to pull and it wouldn’t open they had to fall back and change tactics.

Snark aside, it seems like this is being turned into a “great” opportunity to try to deflect blame toward anything and everything other than what led up to the shootings happening in the first place.

8 Likes

The Thin Yellow Line is a beauty. (A @Beschizza original?)

6 Likes