Texas authorities admit Uvalde shooter wasn't "barricaded"

Damn, you beat me to it with the middle one.

Anyway:

13 Likes

And as shitty as the events were that happened to her, she’ll likely become a target for right-wing harassment too.

23 Likes

Yeah I can’t wait to hear all about how none of this actually happened

13 Likes

In some cases we can see that they made up the lies. E.g. that the shooter was “an illegal” was an instant claim (or “question”) by all sorts of right-wing media folks because of his name. Other times they didn’t come up with them, but were happy to spread the lies. Though one was Paul Gosar, and he truly is an idiot, so it’s a toss-up as to whether he knew it was false. He later took the tweet down, but it had already done the job and spread among the sorts of people who would never be stopped by fact checks. Ted Cruz previously claimed there was evidence that a mass shooter at an abortion clinic was “[a] transgendered leftist activist,” not because he ever actually believed it, but just to get it out there.

20 Likes

People keep saying that this police department was useless but that is frankly an unfair characterization because they were far, far worse than merely “useless.”

37 Likes
12 Likes

They know their base is wavering now. They know they are shedding support because of this. They’re throwing every fucking lie onto the board to try and hold onto them.

This is disgusting and vile and completely undermines every talking point about guns they have. So, of course they’ll resort to it was the trans folks sniveling cowardly lies to try and grip onto their support.

And sadly, I can only expect it’ll work.

25 Likes

The Customs and Border Protection’s tactical team arrived on scene at 12:15 p.m. but did not breach the classroom until 35 minutes later, at 12:50 p.m., according to McCraw.

McCraw said there may have been a belief by the incident commander that no one was alive inside the classrooms. But he detailed 911 calls from students and teachers that made clear they were still in grave danger. It appears that information may not have been relayed to officers on the ground.

Holy shit, these guys are unbelievable.

28 Likes

If there were 21 young women who were all between 6 to 16 weeks pregnant and held hostage, they would have taken the shooter out without harming a fetus.

14 Likes

You know, I don’t want to run into a building where someone is shooting either. But if the police are too afraid to enter a building to protect grade school children from murder, maybe we should get rid of the guns and the police.

25 Likes

Worth noting, it seems that there were a few people that were more than happy to run into the building, but the police stopped them.

Which only reinforces your point.

23 Likes

Ridiculous. On a side note, if people didn’t have access to these weapons maybe we wouldn’t need local police to be in an arms race to militarize itself. Unbelievable.

11 Likes

It’s already working. It didn’t take long at all, of course.

10 Likes

32 Likes

Can’t say the same for the young women though

7 Likes

It should be obvious that the cops are only interested in making themselves look good & deflecting blame.
There have been reports [one of many] of the cops handcuffing, tasing, etc. frantic parents, while denying they did anything of the sort…
The more information that comes out, the worse it gets.

Since cops of all types tend to be supporters of You Know Who, we should expect them to make use of Stonewalling & Gaslighting; two tools that have served him well over the years.

That ‘Cosplay Team’ jpg that @dfaris posted can apply to a large number of cops in this country.
‘To Protect and Serve’ my ass!
‘To Protect [our own asses] and Serve [your masters]’ would be closer to the truth.

9 Likes

The huge delay in finding out what really happened was so the cops could get their story straight. Looks like they fucked that up too.

12 Likes
10 Likes

Can’t say I can agree. It’s not like the pro-life crowd has ever demonstrated a willingness to risk their own lives to save a fetus. They just think 13-year-old rape victims should.

14 Likes

I wish. I think they’d have just condemned the women for aborting by being dead and called it a great triumph for freedom.

11 Likes