Uvalde teacher, falsely accused by police of leaving school door open before mass shooting, has questions for them

Originally published at: Uvalde teacher, falsely accused by police of leaving school door open before mass shooting, has questions for them | Boing Boing

12 Likes

I hope she decides to get her answers from these cowards and incompetents in the context of a lawsuit. They’ve inflicted real pain and suffering on her in the course of covering their sorry arses.

38 Likes

The answer is the same for all Po-Po horrible actions: We needed a scapegoat and by the time the ensuing lawsuit is settled, people will have forgotten about the horrible thing we did and think you still did it.

10 Likes

Hopefully the Uvalde police department needs to sell all the surplus military hardware I assume they’ve bought over the years to pay the settlement or judgment against them.

13 Likes

More likely, they’ll cancel all after school programs, close the library, have a hiring freeze and no raises at the schools, and give the cops more money to help them deal with the emotional toll of being recognized for the incompetent amoral assholes they are.

20 Likes

Or they’ll raise taxes in Uvalde to pay the settlement or judgment.

9 Likes

Remember it’s legal for cops to lie all they want. But don’t they know to just keep their freakin hole shut about stuff?

This guy that got up in front of microphones and spewed this nonsense should lose his job, and never be allowed to work in law enforcement again.

I’m afraid of whom they’d be selling it to.

5 Likes

It’s legal for cops to lie the same as everyone else, but defamation is still a tort.

11 Likes

Forbidding work is weird, but yeah constraining the accounts of the person and office to fund the diversion of their jailarity…hit that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.