Texas cop charged with murder of Jonathan Price

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/06/texas-cop-charged-with-murder-of-jonathan-price.html

9 Likes

grumpy-cat-good

If these cops aren’t held responsible for their actions, these lynchings will never stop. Put them on trial, and put them away if found guilty. Each and every time.

31 Likes

Can’t help but notice this person seems to take their hairdressing inspiration from Richard Spencer.

12 Likes

Oh, by Crom, do not read the comments under that reporting.

14 Likes

The Texas Rangers are responsible for investigating the shooting.

I’d feel better if this weren’t being investigated by a violent gang founded to murder and terrorize Mexicans.

13 Likes

unfortunately, here in texas, the rangers is as close to a fair and impartial body as we can get to investigate police misconduct. more is the pity.

14 Likes

Hopefully we can do something about that. My Texas voter registration went through yesterday, and I’m optimistic (or as close as possible in 2020) that we will move Texas left.

9 Likes

Tim Murphy did a good piece in Mother Jones a couple months ago which detailed some history of the violence and nefarious tactics of the Texas Rangers. It suggests that many of the strategies that today’s cop unions use aren’t new. Rangers have been using them for a hundred years and more. Find it at the link below. Maybe it’s time to start messing with Texas?

5 Likes

I should have listened. Damn.

I’m guessing the marketing team at Cabela’s Sporting Goods is cringing at this photo going viral, but this actually is pretty on brand for them, whether they like it or not.

6 Likes

Aaaaaaand understatement of the year award goes to…

How about throwing in a “reprehensible” or a “disgusted”. How about saying something like “we will not stand for behavior like this in our community”.

Nope, just ain’t too happy.

4 Likes

the guy got caught.

4 Likes

Not holding my breath to see if he is actually convicted. That part is still really hard. Though, we are seeing more convictions now than in the past.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.