Texas Department of Public Safety trooper was on-scene at Uvalde massacre after 2 minutes and 28 seconds, not 9 minutes as previously disclosed

Originally published at: Texas Department of Public Safety trooper was on-scene at Uvalde massacre after 2 minutes and 28 seconds, not 9 minutes as previously disclosed | Boing Boing

9 Likes

They should all resign in shame.

16 Likes

The head of the largest police union in Texas said the new timeline raised serious questions about the department’s trustworthiness.

WOW.

18 Likes

I know, Wow! :scream: Maybe Uvalde cops are non-Union or belong to a different union; and so this is a chance for the largest police union to stick the boot in?

5 Likes

That’s an extra 6.5 mins it stood around with its thumb up its butt instead of saving lives. What scum they are. Do a tragically shitty job, then lie about it.

5 Likes

Journalists need to step up and resist the copaganda

Some outlets, including a fave of mine, are suing. I’m hoping they win and get not only the records but remove the ability of law enforcement to claim they can withhold info because of “an active criminal investigation” when they admit the only suspect is dead.

18 Likes

This has real gangster “You shouldn’t have been stupid and bought a Ferrari right after the bank job, you’re on your fucking own here…” vibes. Even a bunch of murderous gansters has a code. Apparently that code is “don’t do anything that makes us look bad and can’t be swept under the rug in a week, you know, unless it leads to riots in majority-black cities, then we get to crack heads, and white people will give us more funding.”

6 Likes

Yeah, really, it does seem like a “Somebody is going under this bus, and it’s not us.” I guess I’m so used to police unions backing up the worst officers no matter what, but apparently they will dump a whole town if it looks too systemic.

9 Likes

Seriously? They are turning on their own now? Police unions will usually back the blue regardless of how heinous the offenses are!

(edit: Ninja’d by several.

coca cola soda GIF
)

11 Likes

Don’t give them the option of leaving on their own terms. Fire their asses. I’ll settle for firing them from their positions, though the idea of launching them out of a cannon does have some appeal for the vengeful part of me.

14 Likes

The second sad part about this is that cops kill kids all the time, kids in cars getting shot through the window while cops are shooting wildly at a suspect, running kids over doing reckless car chases, being chicken-shit hair-triggers around a bb-gun. Bizarre that the only time they can’t shake the press is when kids get killed because they weren’t shooting.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.