Texas diner will add $50 to bill of any patron who needs to be told to wear a mask

To me, Yelp is the inverse of my Amazon review searches. On the former, I want to know if the best reviews seem realistic. On the latter, I’m looking for reasonable complaints among all the one-star entries. :woman_shrugging:t4:

13 Likes

So then the sign is clearly working. Well done!

5 Likes

Amazing! It only took the “free market” a whole year to figure out how to gain some modicum of compliance for masking… BONUS: only a bit over a half a million dead people to finally figure it out… Freedum!

5 Likes

15 Likes

I’ve never had deep fried bacon, so I can’t say if there is a difference. Extra crispy is the way bacon was meant to be eaten, though. Soft, chewy bacon is ga-rosss.

1 Like

I do not understand extra crispy bacon. I regularly cook for my in laws and my partner’s sister used to always ask for her bacon to be extra crispy. I did my best to oblige. I once cooked it so much that there was a two centimeter black char around the edge and dark cherrywood color to the rest; way too much for me, but I thought I had finally nailed it. It had the char I thought she wanted, but it wasn’t overpowered by it’s, um, taste; the bacon remained barely eaten. I finally asked her if she just wanted me to burn the crap out of it because I had no idea what she meant. Since then we have come to understand that I prefer my meat to “still make barnyard noises” and she prefers hers “to come from the fires of hell”. To each their own, but I appreciate that we can call each other’s spades.

1 Like

My SIL likes it mostly raw.

She’ll “cook” some bacon by throwing it in the pan on medium heat until there is discernible shine on the bacon, then immediately pick out the warm bacon with her fingers and eat it like that.

Deep fried bacon is amazing. Especially with a good maple syrup reduction or a spicy demi glacé.

It’s almost like oven cooked bacon with a crispy exterior and a proper soft and tasty interior.

Also, how about a gradual increase? $50 this week, 75 the following etc etc.

1 Like

I would eat bacon that’s crispy and chewy, even though I’m not a huge maple bacon fan. But bacon needs crispiness! Otherwise it’s just Canadian bacon or ham, which…gross

I’m sure that, to someone, this will seem like a dare – like if they finish the whole 72 oz. steak in one sitting, the $50 + $75 are waived.

Absolutely agree!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.