Texas diner will add $50 to bill of any patron who needs to be told to wear a mask

Originally published at: Texas diner will add $50 to bill of any patron who needs to be told to wear a mask | Boing Boing

21 Likes

Seaside brewery as well.

41 Likes

I hope this becomes a trend. When it comes down to a choice of “freedom” vs. money, the latter will likely carry more weight with the casual covidiot.

32 Likes

Good for Legends Diner! Naturally, the Yelpanzees are angry.

22 Likes

Awesome :smiley:

14 Likes

grumpy-cat-good

26 Likes

Her scorn continues to warm our hearts, even from beyond the veil.

20 Likes

Is there really a difference between deep fried bacon and extra crispy?

And why would you even want that? Bacon needs to be soft so the flavour comes out. Otherwise you might as well eat kelp chips. At least those are good for you while you eat tasteless shards.

9 Likes

It’s almost - almost, I say - like different people like different things!

8 Likes

I’m going to respectfully disagree with you, but not to the point where it’ll cost me $75.

8 Likes

I hope that’s for $125 total not $75 total.

15 Likes

That caught my eye, as well. The person who wrote the review is probably the same kind of person that buys deep-fried Jello at the Texas State Fair (yes, they really sell that).

7 Likes

When I was young at feisty I put up a sign in the dining room when management didn’t notice. It read: All gum found under tables is donated to the UCLA DNA volunteer program. Thanks for sharing you genome.

I basically found no more gum that summer in the bar nor dining room.

Good signage rules!

29 Likes

To anyone who scoffs:

“Why do you hate capitalism and the invisible hand of the free market?”

7 Likes

So far, no one has been charged $50 or $75 for not complying with the Denton restaurant’s mask rules. But he’s ready to use it if he needs to.

Consequences matter, I guess.

7 Likes

Unless one is a white conservative or Libertarian. Then consequences are “tyranny!”

12 Likes

Does anybody attempt to get information out of Yelp? Is that a thing?

4 Likes

What does it say about me that I like soft bacon, crispy bacon, AND kelp chips?

8 Likes

“Take your hard-earned money elsewhere!”

Yeah, you’ll need it to pay for hospitalization later.

10 Likes

I’ve got to agree with you there. I always add -yelp to my internet search of any business.

2 Likes