Restaurant with a no-mask rule kicks out mask-wearing family

Originally published at: Restaurant with a no-mask rule kicks out mask-wearing family | Boing Boing

8 Likes

“Brenda… Brenda get over here.”
“Yes.”
“Now Brenda, did you trip over a ventilator power cord again?”
“Uh huh.”
“It’s the fourth time this week. Be more careful and bring these mozzarella sticks over to table 5.”

7 Likes

49 Likes

As stupid as it may sound, I guess he has the right to do so, no?
Time to move on then ¯_(ツ)_/¯

13 Likes

“Our manager told me to come over because I am nicer than he is… But this is political and I need you to take your masks off.”

It isn’t inherently political - it’s SCIENCE. And people like this owner will never realize that, or take the time to examine who politicized it, and to what end.

32 Likes

So which is it? The Customer is always right or the business owner is a dictator who can do as he wishes, contrary to any other reality or law? Both can’t be true. And we have passed laws that DO limit what a private business owner can do if they serve the public. They can’t be segregated, for example.

The business owner is part of the movement to politicize it in fact.

31 Likes

52 Likes

Incidentally, it looks like Hang Time is literally right next door to Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, which on August 10th warned that all its hospitals’ ICUs were completely filled.

43 Likes

Since the owner visibly ignores basic health precautions, it’s entirely possible the staff is ignoring other health directives too, and may be wiping their asses without toilet paper and then cooking or serving food without washing their hands.

31 Likes

So many restaurants for me to not patronize, so little time…

20 Likes

The questions are amazing!

“I know the COVID is popular here, but has anyone tried the salmonella?”

32 Likes

It’s only “ambience” if it is from France, otherwise it is just “disease laden air”.

33 Likes

He says it’s a private business and he has every right to refuse service to those who want to wear their mask.

I wish it were the same situation for Tom when he’s wheeled into the emergency room of the local hospital.

15 Likes

If a restaurant is putting their bold, sweat, and tears into their business, a mask may not be enough.

22 Likes

I hope Mr. Hang Time quickly discovers where his beloved Invisible Hand of the Market puts its finger when it comes to restaurants that ignore public health rules.

22 Likes

I’ve always wanted to get official-looking signs printed up to put in restaurant bathrooms that say EMPLOYEES MUST WIPE.

9 Likes

“Our manager told me to come over because I am nicer than he is…”

So why is he in the customer-service industry?

14 Likes

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

11 Likes

Coming soon: MyPillow Mike to the rescue.

6 Likes

This restaurant owner is an asshole, but he can run his business as he sees fit (and hopefully people will respond by not going there. More importantly, why are you taking your immuno-compromised 4-year-old to an anti-masker restaurant in the first place?

15 Likes