Texas man strips down to his underwear at school board meeting to make a point about mask mandate

Originally published at: Texas man strips down to his underwear at school board meeting to make a point about mask mandate | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Yay! Finally!

46 Likes

Beat me to it. Hard to argue that aesthetics are more important than public health.

Not that there aren’t a great many who will try.

9 Likes

I love a good piece of pointed performance art, but I fear that if this is noticed by the anti-mask bunch at all, somehow it will only ever serve to reinforce that libruls are demon-possessed and therefore mask mandates are bad.

14 Likes

That was inevitable regardless.

23 Likes

In all fairness he would always do that at school board meetings. But this time he gave an excuse

36 Likes

I mean - a public meeting in Texas? You’ve got to expect you’re gong to be exposed to one thing or another.

Any word on when his kid is going to start speaking to him again?

14 Likes

Bravo. A sane response to an insane policy.

6 Likes

Jacobson vs Massachusettes
Supreme Court, 1905

“Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own (liberty), whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others.”

“the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand.”

13 Likes

Oh Boy High Quality GIF

14 Likes

I may be partisan. I found myself holding my opinion on whether I love or loathe this man until we got to which side of the debate he was on! I’m not sure how disrobing would’ve been used to prove masks are evil but there was a fair chance that was going to be his point.

16 Likes

A list of things I, a libertarian, refuse to do only because someone asked me to:

• Wash my hands after I use the bathroom
  • Wear shoes into a store
  • Tip at a restaurant
  • Whisper in a library
  • Park within the lines

How dare you infringe on my god-given right to be a complete boor, as the Founding Fathers intended. Checkmate, Dumbocrats!

13 Likes

This guy is a hero, bordering on National Treasure. Lady Godiva would approve of his (near) nudity as protest.

6 Likes

I think this is an appropriate moment for pedantry:

He stripped down to a bathing suit. Yes, a Speedo type, not board shorts, but technically he was not in his underwear, and thus not breaking any public indecency laws.

And it helped make his point that much more evident, rather than the ravings of irrationality.

30 Likes

But what about Fridays? Do I still have to wear pants on Fridays?

7 Likes

Good for him! I am going to go barefoot all day in his honor.

3 Likes

Don’t expect the current Court to respect that precedent.

1 Like

Expected Result: More people start wearing masks

Actual Results: In six months, no one will be wearing pants

11 Likes

:joy: :rofl:

7 Likes

We needed him to be yet more “sane.” We needed him to really swing for the fences with his analogy. No, not nudity. More something like this:

4 Likes