Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick says God is the founding father of America "He wrote the Constitution."

See the lunatic fuckery we gotta put up with?
And he’s not even from here! He’s from Baltimore, IIRC.
He used to be a sportscaster, then was a failed sports bar/restaurant owner. After that, he bought a small radio station & became an El Rushbo clone.

Oh, that didn’t apply to him, of course, but funny you should ask…
Dan Patrick’s mental health issues go way back.

He is a Dominionist, along with his smarmy cohort, Cancun Cruz.

You are thinking of Ken Paxton, the Attorney General. He is also up for re-election, along with the other members [Abbott & Patrick] of the criminal Troika that have been ruling Texas for far too long.

I hope they get crushed at the polls, come November.

13 Likes

"I think what God meant to say was… "

16 Likes

I’m surprised he didn’t say Jesus was from Texas.

3 Likes

Cultural/ingroup signaling, his literal belief isn’t that relevant to what this means

3 Likes

Exactly why this is blasphemy, especially if he subscribes to inerrancy.

7 Likes

That explains all the typographical errors.

2 Likes

This couldn’t possibly be true! Everyone knows that God wrote the KJV, and the tone and vocabulary of that are significantly different from those of the Constitution!

6 Likes

For the love of Mike…

3 Likes

Remember when God was super obsessed with franking for like a week?

Remember when God called out high crimes and misdemeanors?

Remember when God forgot completely to put his name or any reference to himself in the Constitution?

Remember when God thought slaves were 3/5 of a person and women couldn’t vote?

What a dumb sack of sh**, going to be shocked to find himself in the pits of Hell for being a blasphemous hypocrite.

5 Likes

Oh, they remember that stuff especially well.

14 Likes

Clearly he is wrong. Everyone with any sense knows that God is a Yorkshireman.

8 Likes

The thing is, what we think of as seven days were seven merge requests from the dev team. The seventh day was the sprint review and retrospective.

Forgive my programmer humor. It was a hard scrum sprint at work.

Editing to add that Dan Patrick is like Deacon Vorbis from Terry Pratchett’s novel Small Gods: his mind is a closed steel trap, nothing gets in or out, and the only voice of God he hears is his own thoughts reflecting off of his impenetrable skull.

11 Likes

Heresy – horse feathers. Mr Patrick just crossed the line into blasphemy.

3 Likes

KJV is also known as the Golden Thread Version–lowered from heaven on a Golden Thread.

2 Likes

But which version of the KJV?

The other is a misprint appearing in Deuteronomy 5: the word “greatness” appearing as “great-asse”, leading to a sentence reading: “Behold, the Lord our God hath shewed us his glory and his great-asse”

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.