As Texas's Lt. Governor rants about Dr. Fauci, Fox News plays montage of minorities in face masks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/01/as-texass-lt-governor-rants.html

12 Likes

Goddamn embarrassment. Shurb. Then Rick Perry. Then Greg Abbot. This sonofabitch better not rotate in the Governor’s Mansion next.

24 Likes

They know their audience.

[of course, the more accurate slogan is “Racist and #1 with Racists”]

33 Likes

“Even More Racists at 11”

20 Likes

That reminds me to add the updated image.

racist-fox

39 Likes

Most other OECD countries: “Hmmm, this highly trained medical professional with decades of experience is suggesting we wear masks. Perhaps we should heed their advice.”

U.S.A.: “Burnnnn the heretic!”

40 Likes

22 Likes

If they haven’t altered any of the images, then that’s progress for Fox.

20 Likes

I wonder what the producers would claim the purpose of that montage was, other than to provide an illustration that the wrong sort of people wear masks?

22 Likes

I can’t imagine all the faces of fresh hell this world might throw at us between now and Nov. 2022, but Texas better remember this shit and get Abbott and Patrick out of office. They are actively lobbying for their constituents to die

30 Likes

Quite literally.

36 Likes

Abbott isn’t moving out of the governor’s mansion unless he is voted out or runs for president. I doubt patrick would attempt to run against abbott. It’s a losing proposition.

7 Likes

Da FUQ? If you’re in TX please, please, please flip it blue in November. Us libs aren’t going to take your guns. That fight is over and you guys won. Abortion rights don’t matter for the majority of you, and for the minority it does leave it up to her and her doctor. We’re not going to turn this place into a Communist country by palling around with Putin and Kim (quite the opposite) and if someone has more or less melatonin than you remember that they have just as much rights as us pasty white folks to air their grievances.

21 Likes

Its closer to being blue than some folks think.

11 Likes

I live in Texas and wondered to myself yesterday where the latest insanely stupid thoughts from Dan Patrick were as I hadn’t heard much from him since he said he wanted to sacrifice the elderly in the name of capital. Well…here he is again, being a total fucking waste of space.

15 Likes

This Patrick is dumber than Rick Perry!

His logic that Texas is doing the right thing is that NY has had higher mortality? Oh, just wait, Patrick. Just wait.

13 Likes

What I saw in the B roll was a bunch of heroic Americans stepping up to do their part by wearing masks and working their dangerous essential jobs. There appears to be some overlap with the patriots working for justice, the end of police brutality, and fair treatment for everyone regardless of race.

What I saw in the studio footage was a couple white guys treasonously suggesting we should just let the disease spread unchecked because they don’t care as much about human suffering and death as they do about their own comfort and profiteering.

Thanks Fox News for opening my eyes. Now I know how to tell the heroes from the bad hombres.

26 Likes

What a fitting tribute to the spirit/rotting carcass of Roger Ailes.

2 Likes

imagine the directive to the production assistant – “remember, no whites. NO. WHITES.” not in writing of course.

4 Likes

The more Fox viewers that lick the doorknobs and get infected the better.

2 Likes