As Texas's Lt. Governor rants about Dr. Fauci, Fox News plays montage of minorities in face masks

I thought that must be The Onion or something, but he actually said that. Wow.

6 Likes

this guy is like a character out of a movie. dumb good old boy politician. what a fucking joke

2 Likes

Dan Patrick is all kinds of awful. Transphobic, homophobic, racist, anti-immigrant, and a misogynist. Oh, and he thinks we need to turn to his god and his religion to solve racism. He claims changes in the law won’t matter until we all turn to Jesus and the left has been busy kicking god out of the country. So… racism is because of liberals.

15 Likes

Aren’t the demographics going to turn Texas blue sometime in the next decade or so?

6 Likes

They can do this only after they’ve been relocated to Bullshit Mountain.

2 Likes

You can’t link directly to the figure, but here is the future of cases in Texas because of this attitude:

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b831

3 Likes

That’s the kind of ramp the Duke Boys just couldn’t resist driving down…

7 Likes

stefonaccurate

12 Likes

i’ve read about this guy before. what a piece of shit. glad i live in NYC. our gov is not always easy to root for, but he has sided with the scientists on covid and we are all the better for it.

3 Likes

Maybe? Probably at some point, but I wouldn’t discount the level to which they could hold on by gerrymandering and voter suppression.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t hold my breath. Texas polls show it threatening to turn turn blue for almost 20 years now, but the vast rural areas keep it solidly red every election. I don’t think pollsters are good at reaching the rural communities.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be too surprised if it wasn’t even a completely conscious choice. More like “find pictures of dodgy looking people wearing masks” and then they just “happen” to all be dark skinned. Your point is still completely valid of course.

WE ARE TRYING.
Voter suppression is a hell of a drug, though.

4 Likes

Bingo. Look at Crenshaw’s district for a perfect example of how Texas gerrymandering is trying to prevent flips.

2 Likes

I’m trying with you.

I live in Crenshaw’s district, in the little sliver cutting through Montrose. It should be illegal to have districts that look like this:

3 Likes

Likewise - I’m in the shadow of Cecil’s, and GODDAMNITSOMUCH.

1 Like

Now, more than ever, I miss Ann Richards.

5 Likes

I wish Molly Ivans was around for all this shit…

1 Like

Another great day in Failed State America.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.