Mask- and Vax-foe Greg Abbott, governor of Texas, tests positive for Covid-19

Originally published at: Mask- and Vax-foe Greg Abbott, governor of Texas, tests positive for Covid-19 | Boing Boing

8 Likes
23 Likes

This fuckin guy…

mad bambi GIF

29 Likes

Dear Covid 19, do your thang!

30 Likes

Color me fucking shocked.

Too bad he’ll probably recover.

34 Likes

So I wonder if the poor people in his state get immediate access to Regeneron especially when they have no symptoms.

31 Likes

Nope, we have to wait for someone to die before we can get a hospital bed.

31 Likes

Well, that’s a shame.

5 Likes

The superintendent for my school district in TX just issued a mask requirement for all students, staff, and visitors, following the bigger school districts of Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, etc. We’re a lot smaller so I think they were afraid of raising the ire of Gov. Abbot, but with the ‘big’ districts united in their opposition to him and with him testing positive himself, I think the school board worked up the courage to join them and defy Abbot’s order.

27 Likes

Well also-- bless his heart. His little, tiny, selfish, moronic, murderous heart.

36 Likes

I wonder when push comes to shove how any of that can be enforced? Send a child home and I’m guessin’ the entire family will be on Fox or OAN or Newsmax with Tucker and Ingram taking up the fight.

I wish people would just do what’s best each other without being forced.

11 Likes

He’s vaxxed though so he’ll probably recover.

15 Likes

If they can send home girls for wearing spaghetti straps or short shorts, by goodness they can send kids home for not wearing a mask and endangering everyone else at the school.

My guess is they will have a bunch of disposable masks and make kids wear them. Few kids are going to be as idiotic Karens as their parents are, and the few that are can do remote learning if they aren’t willing to wear a mask.

16 Likes

Governor Abbott is receiving Regeneron’s monoclonal antibody treatment.

Yup. Looks like he’s going right into the VIP lane. Unlike almost all of his victims.

32 Likes

Couldn’t he have just got by on thoughts and prayers?

23 Likes

He was vaccinated, so it isn’t like he will suffer any real consequences. Not even a perpetually limp dick.

1 Like

Well, of course he doesn’t need to wear a mask. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

If I were a schoolkid in Texas right now, I’d be testing the dress-code policy in every possible way I could.

16 Likes

At least Abbott is staying home rather than taking up a hospital bed that someone who took all the necessary precautions could use, unlike Andre Jacque from Wisconsin.

6 Likes

18 Likes