Texas Lt. Gov's $1MM bounty pays off by catching a Republican who voted twice

Why not give it to Crystal Mason as restitution?

8 Likes

You can’t spell Incurable Imps without Republicanism.

7 Likes

Well he caught a Republican . It would have been more if they caught a Democrat

2 Likes

When I first heard about their bounty offer I thought that was just what they meant: that they’d set aside a million bucks out of which unspecified bounties would be paid. It’s a shock that they paid anything at all to someone who nailed a Republican.

3 Likes

Looking for fraud in a state Trump won…

5 Likes

According to the article posted here on Boing Boing, it comes out of the Lt Gov’s re-election fund. Some of that might be state money, but I’m sure the majority is wealthy donors & (even more so) industry PAC money.

I suppose the supreme court did make corporations citizens… but I don’t think they are really any sort of victim here.

4 Likes

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

I’m amazed Patrick actually paid out.

“put up $1,000,000 of his campaign donor’s money” Spot the basic mistake.

2 Likes

Although i think this was completely misguided because it is more a wish that it was true than a problem of incentives to find voter fraud, i don’t think the execution using donor’s money is a problem, because if the premise was true (there is rampant democrat fraud) that money would have been well spent as it would help the republicans to get more votes.

By my back-of-the-envelope calculations $25,000 ≠ $1,000,000. Of course the Lt. Gov, being an R-sorta-guy, was never to be trusted.

2 Likes

Although the money is probably much better spent going to the poll worker than to anything the Lt. Gov would do with it.

5 Likes

He’s not the only one. Donald Kirk Hartle has been charged with voting his dead wife’s ballot in Las Vegas.

Well surprise, surprise, surprise, he’s a major Trump supporter! Who’d a thunk it.

5 Likes

No, I just meant the basic punctuation mistake with the word " donor’s "

1 Like

Lol, Texas… I live here nowadays. Just gotta chuckle.

1 Like

I’d assume $1M is the total fund and $25k being the per-case payout…

Winner takes all is a ludicrous outcome in nearly any situation…

1 Like

I wonder how many Trump supporters heard the “Man outraged that someone voted in his dead wife’s name!” story but will never hear the follow-up that he was the guy who actually did it.

5 Likes

I’d bet that Donald Kirk Hartle is outraged by stories that someone voted in the name of a dead relative until he reads that the article is about Donald Kirk Hartle.

4 Year ban on voting. Not so tough on crime after all.

2 Likes

Dunno if you’ve noticed, but rich white Republicans don’t face consequences for their actions.

2 Likes