Texas school bans sunscreen because a child might drink it

A policy that disproportionately imposes skin damage and cancer risk on less-melanized students certainly seems like it should count as discriminatory, as in ‘actually legal consequences, M’kay?’ discriminatory. It’s also a just plain idiotic policy, and sunscreen isn’t a bad idea for even those of us who endure a tenuous truce with the daystar; but that doesn’t make it any less discriminatory.

1 Like

2 Likes

Hey. I don’t know how they do things in your ontologically-tenuous fantasy world, dragon; but here in America, being a joke in no way precludes simultaneously being fodder for a good, honest, lawsuit!

3 Likes

Skin cancer sounds like a good source of bankrupting lawsuits, though. I think the rationale is that skin cancer develops slower than poisoning, so this puts off the inevitable a bit longer.

It’s true. My dad lived in TX for 4 years, New England the rest of the time. He wrote and got an open carry law passed in TX in the 60s as a citizen. I wonder what Texas would be without all the irresponsible carpetbaggers?

So true. Meth is literally everywhere. People are shooting up at Plymouth Rock (Yes, I saw this), and the most drug addled place I ever lived was a town of 4,000.

So go to Denver, where everyone just smokes pot, because they can can can

Colorado is doing really well right now, and there is irony in that fact. A bunch of stoners have managed to make Colorado have one of the strongest economies in our country. The irony of course relies heavily on stupid stereotypes, which is why I find it so delicious.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.