Texas schools using dress codes to circumvent governor's mask ban

I feel for this mother, and for the mothers of all the other kids who are forced to become cannon fodder for Conservative fantasies this year. It’s not enough to sacrifice the “essential workers”, but now they want us to sacrifice our children too?

6 Likes

The GOP is a death cult, and sacrifices to Moloch has long been a policy when it comes to their stance on gun control.

Biden just made his move in response.

6 Likes

yeah, or policing hair. :confused:

we won’t protect you from the ravages of coronavirus by requiring your classmates to wear masks, but we will “protect” you from having to see locked hair, hair beads, cornrows, afros or any other kind of black hairstyle. and especially in kid’s sports

won’t someone think of the children

7 Likes

Honestly, that’s baffled me from the very beginning. From pre-K through the end of high school, every school I ever attended was positive that it had the uncontested right to tell me which parts of my anatomy had to have a piece of cloth over them, how much the cloth had to cover up, what was printed on the cloth, and so on. So when this all started and the schools made big helpless eyes and said they simply had no authority to require students to wear a piece of cloth over their mouths and noses, I was dumbfounded.

I think it was, for the most part, just cowardice on their part. If they said they had the authority to require masks and did so, they’d be dealing with many outraged anti-mask parents. If they said they had the authority to require masks and did NOT do so, they’d be dealing with many outraged pro-mask parents. If they say they have no authority and just have to defer to the state, it passes the buck and both sets of parents get mad at someone else.

8 Likes

Just what to expect from a fascist death cult.

They generally don’t care about the welfare of other people, except for family, friends, etc.

FTFY.

Even if he was, he would find some way to dodge responsibility. Kinda surprised he hasn’t invoked ANTIFA yet. He has invoked ‘illegal immigration’ though, so there’s that.

As far as I am concerned, the various FDCs that pass laws preventing other entities from being able to protect themselves in the midst of a pandemic, are accessories to murder & need to be regarded as such.
They are metaphorically handcuffing & leg shackling their victims, wrapping them in chain, then shoving them in the deep end of the pool.

The FDC will screech about the Iron Fist of Big Government taking away their rights, while cheerfully ignoring the rights that they themselves are taking away.

4 Likes

Our daughter went to 12 years of Catholic school. Grade school was plaid skirts white blouse, high school was khaki pants and white blouse.

They sure did find ways to be individual by accessorizing. Still, you’re right about making our clothes shopping way easier.

And on a mask note, her high school (we still keep in touch with a couple teachers) has been taking the virus very seriously. They are required to wear masks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.