Texas' Ted Cruz says protests outside Supreme Court justice's homes worse than Jan 6 insurrection

Yeah, something like that. Guess I don’t have to write it, now.

5 Likes

No doubt the state is gerrymandered into a pile of pretzels, but that has little direct bearing on a US Senate election. Those are state wide. Now, there are less direct effects of the gerrymandering, like who gets elected elections commissioners. Those are the people deciding polling locations and hours. Which can affect who gets to vote

9 Likes

They clearly aren’t but if anyone is up for erecting a gallows outside Brett Kavanaugh’s home, I’m game.

3 Likes

Yeah, but you can lance a boil …

I shudder to think of what might drain from ol’ Teddy if we lanced him.

8 Likes

Oh, yucky poo.

8 Likes

I’m thinking a large wooden toilet with the sign “<= get in” might be less likely to gain you police attention.

4 Likes

I’m thinking this could/should be a corollary (or something):

One of the privileges of the great is to witness catastrophes from a terrace.

– Jean Giraudoux

Weren’t/aren’t they also doing this to election officials? Possibly school board members, as well as any number of hitherto-mundane elected officials and even unelected public employees?

ETA:

Brimstone

8 Likes

Not so much (or at all, maybe) in California, but yeah, I was forgetting about that - the protests (and threats) hitting election officials and especially school board members were really bad in a lot of states… The protests of public health officials really struck me, as it’s not like they’re elected officials or have any kind of power, all they could do was offer advice that elected officials could ignore. The protests served no purpose other than to scare people from staying in those jobs.

7 Likes

pants on fire

liar-liar-pants-on-fire-liar

4 Likes

Polite message written in chalk on the sidewalk outside your house? Time to call the cops!

8 Likes

A march or parade is okay according to the Supreme Court, especially on the public sidewalk.

14 Likes

Not allowing Merrick Garland to have a confirmation hearing was much worse than protests outside the homes of people who shouldn’t fucking be Supreme Court Justices.

8 Likes

She’s one delicate snowflake, eh?

9 Likes

melting

5 Likes

What seems oddly funny is Texas’ main piece of pride is an attempt to overthrow their lawful government (Mexico) back in the day.

(Mostly to protect their slave owning class no matter what they may claim.)

6 Likes

And pretty much every election cycle there’s a ballot measure to secede from the Union. And the deeply problematic worship of the Alamo that’s primarily based on ret-conned and inaccurate history.

6 Likes

Sam Houston said to remember the Alamo, and so Texans follow that order to this day, but unfortunately didn’t specify what to remember about it.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.