SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

A place to capture the shenanigans of the circus known as SCOTUS.

9 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

“… Republican House members have championed in-person voting—even though many GOP representatives have used the proxy voting system throughout the pandemic”

9 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
12 Likes

Yes!!! Came here to post the same. This is almost the opposite feeling I had when RBG passed.

ETA:

6 Likes

Shame it wasn’t Thomas.

11 Likes

Out of respect for human decorum I’ll hold my tongue on alternate options for Thomas.

ETA:

Although SCOTUS is basically an untouchable elite, there’s been a bit of a dust up in recent days about his wife’s entanglements and his recusal refusal. Probably won’t go anywhere, but… :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

Let the wild speculation begin!

Also: @Akimbo_NOT, I’m happy to delete comments if you feel this is thread hijacking, but you did use the word “shenanigans”!

8 Likes

Comment away! :+1:

8 Likes

Cool, but can Biden finally find a way to reign in Manchinema? Surely one or both will find some sort of specious reasoning for displaying their true (Republican) colors again.

And yes, what a frustrating bummer that this isn’t instead replacement of one of the conservative installations.

9 Likes

I’ll wait to do the Dance of Joy until after his replacement is confirmed and seated. I don’t know what the Republicans could do to block the replacement’s nomination, but I’m sure they’re trying to think of something.

In other news, the MPA (formerly known as the MPAA) assigned “Kyrsten Sinema” an R rating (for Republican.)

9 Likes

Odds-on favorite, I’d say.

4 Likes
4 Likes
10 Likes

Senate Democrats

Fingers crossed that really is ALL Senate Democrats.

8 Likes

9 Likes