Thai protestors using Hunger Games salute

This is beautiful. I hope it catches on; you don’t have to buy a Guy Fawkes mask from The Man.

So much better in that respect, and it says pretty much the same thing: fuck fascism.

According to the vid, with the Thais it also stands for freedom, equality and brotherhood, which is nice… I guess they got that one from the French. Nice bit of cultural fusion going on here…

Fuck yeah .|||,

Then again, you still have the raised fist as the expansive symbol of solidarity in fighting oppression. You’re probably going to get beaten by thugs no matter what symbol of protest you display.

You don’t think there’s any mileage in exploiting the popularity of a recent anti-fascist movie? You’ve gotta be kidding.

I don’t imagine any particular gesture is going to have much influence on the wearers of the Boot, but obviously the odds of avoiding futility or worse are going to be slightly improved if you can double the turnout…

Plus I just made up a whatsname, emoji or whatevs and everything .|||,

In that sense, yes. I have to admit I haven’t seen the movies :stuck_out_tongue:

Well there you go.

It’s no V for Vendetta, but it gets the job done.

This topic was automatically closed after 991 days. New replies are no longer allowed.