That Lebowski beer commercial is unwatchable

Probably needs a new rug to tie the room together.

6 Likes

To clean up all the k-cups that get dumped there?

I would have guessed a glaucoma charity.

1 Like

to me his video didn’t come across so much bad, rather it seemed i wasn’t on the “right kind of drugs” to properly appreciate it.

2 Likes

The video is fine, the beer commercial only linked to under the video on the other hand.

6 Likes

thanks for the heads up, i missed the link, i see what people are talking about now. :grimacing:

6 Likes

What the fuck does he mean by nasty language?

6 Likes

I should just say, I did not abide this time.

No amount of sweaters could tie that commercial together, man.

6 Likes

There’s nothing to be afraid of, Donny.

I don’t know which to choose so I’ll go with both:

You shoulda seen that horrible product placement he did for In-n-Out, should be ashamed.

This is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps! (Except they don’t extend to Belgium… SO CLOSE!)

3 Likes

A couple of other fun things BoingBoing’s introduction of this advertisement into my life has brought me:

Stella Artois has been or is a primary sponsor of the Cannes, Melbourne, and Sundance film festivals, the Independent Spirit Awards, the Dallas International Film Festival, and the Little Rock Film Festival.[20]

" The ad is directly connected to Stella Artois’ longtime partnership with Water.org. Every Stella you buy through March 31st will help provide access to clean water for communities currently living without it—and up to 844 million people around the world do face life each day with contaminated water unfit for consumption or even cleaning."

I dunno. If beer is trying to make sure Europe doesn’t have to drink beer again to avoid contamination, is this a horrible thing?

The artistic quality of the commercial is very bad, which may be the point of the article, but I don’t follow the impression of sullying of some sort of odd mantle the movie was put on. I’ve always been a pretty big fan of this film, and feel it has artistic merit, but I just don’t care about judging ads… I simply avoid them until boingboing, smbc-comics, etc. asks me to watch them.

4 Likes

Yup figured it would be something like that Crocodile Dundee reboot movie with Chris Hemsworth and Danny McBride that turned out to be a Superbowl ad for Tourism Austrailia.

The dude drinking beers is not at all shocking. During bowling he often drinks a “oat-soda”.

It’s fun to see the dude, it’s sad to see they butchered the execution of this ad, it could have been fun. Although I wonder about the coupling of the Big Lebowski and Sex in the City. It’s such a weird match, maybe it was fated to fail based on only that.

Beer is so over. image

1 Like

I know a bad chart when I see it, and that is a bad chart.

3 Likes

There was something slightly odd about it that I couldn’t put my finger on. I have now realised that neither of them actually drink any of the beer. They both seem to go out of their way to avoid drinking it.

4 Likes

I’ve never seen the movie, so watching the commercial or not would probably not affect me. I know! I know! Here! Take my geek card.

1 Like

I watched it. It was exactly what I expected from The Dude in a beer commercial, and it’s clear Jeff Bridges is enjoying himself. Glad he’s still abiding.

3 Likes

I dunno, i live in Austin and there’s breweries everywhere. Might be true that people are drinking less beer overall but they’re likely drinking less piss grade beer. I could drink a 6 pack of bud light and barely feel a buzz or drink a single russian stout and be good for the night.

2 Likes

OK, I was fully expecting to be Rick-rolled. So I’m not sure if I’m disappointed or not that it was an actual commercial.

Pillsbury just released a new product called Rick Rolls, and they’re so delicious you will never want to give them up!

1 Like