That Lebowski beer commercial is unwatchable

Nice try, ain’t happenin.

1 Like

Meh. I couldn’t really care less. It’s fine, he gets in a few Dude-like jokes (“rough night?”) and put a few bucks in Jeff Bridges’ pockets which I’m totally ok with. This attitude that creators or characters owe their fans something is one of the most obnoxious developments of this century. It’s the reason that the mere mention of Star Wars makes my skin crawl. It’s not that the film have all been middling to horrible (yes, all of them), it’s the rabid “fan” base that demands that art adhere to their intensely narrow interpretation while also churning out content on a regular basis. If someone makes something you don’t like (or don’t think you’ll like) don’t watch it. Super simple.

2 Likes

2 Likes

unwatchable? meh…its humorous. I chuckled.

Is it any better or worse than most adverts today? I’d rather watch that than anymore Bud or Coors light ones claiming they are good let alone beer.

1 Like

Ironically enough…Sam Elliot is the voice for Coors Light.

4 Likes

I don’t watch network TV, so I miss a lot of commercials (maybe “miss” is the wrong word), but I do recall that in America, an actor is never shown actually drinking the beer. Has that changed?

3 Likes

I don’t think its a horrible commercial but they’re pandering pretty hard and its not very clever, and that alone is pretty groan worthy. I don’t really watch TV though so the ad is wasted on me.

2 Likes

I actually appreciate that it is clever. You got two “characters” on-board who have signature drinks to switch to your beer. I rather appreciate that part of it more than anything else.

I am a sports watcher…so NFL and NBA games I cannot escape the dumbness of various spirit commercials like Jack Daniels and Smirnoff. And Beer ads are either moronic…Bud Light comes to mind…completely blah…Coors Light…or actually amazing…Modelo and Dos Equis have fit that for me over the years.

As always YMMV and it is certainly a subjective thing. I just found this clever enough to give me the chuckle…not good enough to make me want to drink Stella (not a terrible beer IMO…but I like Stouts and Porters…so its a bit to light and crisp for me.)

1 Like

Tomorrow’s Already the Tenth

2 Likes

“Dude, tomorrow’s already the 10th” (and he should have plenty left over after the rent to take Bunny up on her offer).

2 Likes

A bad commercial for a bad beer.

1 Like

Budweiser hopes to tingle their audience during the Super Bowl with ASMR for Michelob Ultra’s Pure Gold. https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/zoe-kravitz-does-asmr-whispers-about-michelob-ultras-pure-gold-organic-beer-in-super-bowl-spot/

He fixes the cable?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.