That MAGA hat may indicate a higher likelihood of dying from COVID-19

Originally published at: That MAGA hat may indicate a higher likelihood of dying from COVID-19 | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Adding another level of correlation (and bringing things full circle), the biggest determinant of who voted for Biff was education level. Someone ignorant to support a famous confidence artist as POTUS is also someone ignorant enough to eschew well-understood medical concepts like vaccination lowering the probability of dying from or being permanently disabled by a virus.

MAGA is truly the most stupid of death cults.

28 Likes

Education level was a distant second compared to race.

22 Likes

I ran out of compassion for anyone wearing a Maga hat about 750k deaths ago. The only tragedy is that those assholes drag so many innocents down with them.

43 Likes

Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama

13 Likes

Fair enough. I should have qualified that with “non-obvious”, since the media pundits trying to “puzzle out” who Biff’s voters were in the aftermath of 2016 didn’t waste any time discussing the fact that the vast majority of PoC were not enthusiastic about seeing that proud and open bigot in office.

11 Likes

Sad to say, dying early may be the biggest contribution more than a few of these people can make to making America great again.

25 Likes

my brother would be an exception to that rule. he has a degree in cognitive science (of all things) from UCSD, and he still fell for the t**** con hook, line, and sinker. and yes, he’s an anti-vaxxer too.

12 Likes

Mainly Asphyxiate in Group Appearances

17 Likes

Make America Gasp for Air

24 Likes

Remember when trump announced his campaign by calling Mexicans murderers and rapists?

Then people weren’t ashamed or humiliated when they said he was an acceptable candidate?

I lost compassion for those bad stupid people so long ago.

It’s a waste to feel bad for those who kill themselves trying to hurt you.

33 Likes

Probably also correlated to dying from diabetes, COPD, high blood pressure, morbid obesity…

4 Likes

Dirtbiking accidents, getting killed by a half sibling for sleeping with a full sibling

8 Likes

What’s a dirtbagging accident?

5 Likes

Is It one of those famous cursed objects?

7 Likes

Being married to a cousin…

3 Likes

I’d be curious to see correlation to religious affiliation as well.

8 Likes

That MAGA hat may indicate a higher likelihood of dying from COVID-19

gifhaus-funhaus

11 Likes

There is, of course, a subset who are well-educated, well off Ted Cruz and Rupert Murdoch types, who tend to be vaccinated.

Which is a dynamic that really ought to be raised at every turn – the leaders of the GOP are feeding their followers to the virus and pushing propaganda for their own selfish reasons.

The press tries to use passive voice constructions to suggest refusal just happens, without pointing out the obvious. They don’t want to talk about Ron DeSantis or Fox News execs, and instead handwave vaguely toward social media groups.

Almost 800,000 deaths, an unimaginably gripping story to be told, but the media finds itself tripping over its politeness and delicate sensitivities to avoid suggesting even one person in Texas might be dead because of Governor Abbott’s hypocrisy.

19 Likes

this is the thing that baffles me the most. uneducated people being duped by a con man? sure, makes total sense. but really smart people who should know better, who usually would know better? that’s just so sad. and while it’s tempting to chalk it up to racism or whatever, i can’t believe it’s entirely that simple. it’s like trumpism is its own kind of virus.

8 Likes