That time that Zappa was supposed to play with Black Sabbath

Originally published at: That time that Zappa was supposed to play with Black Sabbath | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Frank was asked not to play on the Sabbath.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Frank was involved with both Grand Funk and Alice Cooper, so not that weird for him to dig Sabbath.

2 Likes

That movie looks good! Thanks for posting. I still believe Zappa woud’ve had a good shot at the Presidency if he had not been stopped by cancer.

3 Likes

There is footage of Zappa jamming with Pink Floyd at some European festival. It works. They play their dark droney stuff and he solos in his quirky minor mode. I cant imagine what he would have played with Sabbath, probably more blues based soloing.

1 Like
3 Likes

Frank knows

What about Bob Seger and AC-DC?

1 Like

nice. right at the time when Syd Barrett went bonkers. Zappa also plays very Syd Barrett like solo’s. Almost as if he was asked to stand in for Syd.

1 Like

There’s not one utterance I’ve read nor heard from Frank that I wouldn’t agree with. The guy was a straight shooter. Which of course precludes him from Presidential consideration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.