That time The Cramps appeared on Beverly Hills, 90210

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/16/that-time-the-cramps-appeared-on-beverly-hills-90210.html

4 Likes

Most any venue’s a good venue if you’re getting paid enough, I guess.

1 Like

This also really happened, but I think it’s a Dwarves member with Lux Interior, not full Cramptitude.

3 Likes

i only saw the Cramps once live, and it was waaaaay late – maybe even around this time – but they were incredible. Lux blew my mind. maybe he did it every show, i don’t know, but watching him (no hyperbole) deep-throat his mic while singing these incredible howls, and then slowly destroy it with his teeth, tearing it apart bit by bit… it staggers me to this day. instant fan.

5 Likes

“Needs more CRAMPS!”

3 Likes

This reminds me of the bands that appeared on Buffy the Vampire Slayer at the Bronze:

That included Aimee Mann, the Breeders, and Cibo Mato among others.

6 Likes

Came here to post this; thank you for doing your part

1 Like

Loved the Aimee Mann one. “Man, I hate playing vampire towns.”

2 Likes

It’s a little Lux Interior bird marionette! You best believe I post this whenever I can.

2 Likes

She (and Sarah McLachlin) were on Portlandia once, too:

5 Likes

I remember that skit! It’s great and the Sarah McLachlan cameo makes it just that much better. (“I apologize for downloading your last four records, and I burned all of them for friends…”)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.