The 2017 Hurricane season has started, but Trump hasn't appointed a FEMA or NOAA director

For some reason Robert De Niro speaking in tongues during the hurricane scene in the movie Cape Fear comes to mind.

5 Likes

“But first, before we can initiate any action, we need your 20 digit alpha-numeric account number…”

6 Likes

On the one hand, this is terrible, but I can’t help thinking that, given Trump’s appointees’ usual approach to their departments, he’d find someone who could somehow make hurricanes worse. Like, they’d fly down to hurricane-ravaged areas and, I dunno, bomb the affected area for good measure.

13 Likes

I don’t think there’s any good reason to believe that NHC won’t continue doing it’s job this year.

I think they meant, around the White House.

3 Likes

What could go wrong?

2 Likes

Bah, god will take care of it.

1 Like

Do you think he has Trump’s ear?

(Sorry, couldn’t help myself.)

4 Likes

How about Oliver North?

2 Likes

How about Kanye West, if the conversation is going this direction. :wink:

Now that I think about it, he’s a 45 admirer who has said controversial things following hurricanes. He’s almost too perfect.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t he be better heading the War on Drugs?

You ever hear of the “continuity of government-FEMA” conspiracy? Turns out that Oliver North was entangled in that mess too. It was briefly mentioned in the latest Whistlestop podcast.

1 Like

Not anymore, apparently.

1 Like

Didn’t that incredibly destructive event start on January 20th and continues to this day?

:unamused:

5 Likes

This takes time: For the appointments, Trump is carefully considering which of his friends would monetarily benefit from all the post-hurricane rebuilding and such.

5 Likes

But her emails!

4 Likes

Wow those FEMA guys seem to be really busy: camps, taking guns away, shadow government, new world order. That’s what I call efficient use of public funds, so many big projects all at once.

2 Likes

After a hurricane blows on them, Trump will just blow them off.

1 Like

that would be a great way to make sure no money was given to stopping that hurricane!

NOAA is concerning. But judging by past performance, maybe we’re dodging a bullet by not having a FEMA director.

Curious though, how does the lack of a director affect things? Presumably everybody at NOAA knows how to do their jobs, presumably someone has been doing the things the director does, and aren’t there some workplaces where everyone gets more done without a bureaucratic boss mucking up the works?

1 Like