The 2018 Wypipo Awards

You’re dad’s a cannibal? :wink:

7 Likes

Ducking autotype/autocorrect.

9 Likes

Considering some of the curry that is made in Newcastle, that may be for the best.

There does seem to be a horseshoe effect in the UK where white people flip from eating bland food to “Yes, I will have the Carolina Reaper phall, it can’t be that bad.”

7 Likes

1 Like

My brother-in-law falls into that category. When he came to Michigan, he lamented the dearth of Indian/South Asian restaurants in the area (a situation now rectified), so my sister and I got him hooked on Mexican food.

2 Likes

Here in VA we season the living hell out of our food. Chilis are practically a food group. My brother, who got all the Swedish genes in my family, considers black pepper to be lethally spicy, so obviously there are some of us who do fall into that stereotype!

2 Likes

I think there is also this…

kill-la-kill-guts-eating

2 Likes

And cooking anime

Though even One Piece has an arc centered around a curry early on. I imagine it is because curry is a popular food choice for all ages that it shows up so much, but I really have no idea why it is in so much anime.

4 Likes

ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ʜᴏᴛ ɪᴄᴇ ᴄᴜʙᴇ?

4 Likes

Speaking of wypipo… just scroll down to number 3…

“Gin and jam cocktails”

GIF-bitch-please-Come-on-Do-the-Right-Thing-oh-please-punchline-upset-WTF-GIF

6 Likes

“Gin and Jam Cocktail”

That sounds like something they’d serve at a new years party in 1800 London.

7 Likes

It’s oh so much worse than that.

4 Likes

Obligs:

7 Likes

Along with candied pheasant.

6 Likes

9 Likes

What the extra actual fuck…

8 Likes

There’s a whole series of memes where Ice T describes surreal new drugs the kids are doing these days.

14 Likes

That hipster party has the best menu to my personal taste.

EDIT

I take it back, the Peggy Olsen by a landslide.

1 Like

Have yourself a Wypipo Christmas.

c. 1966
2 Likes

Oops - mistakenly directed at melz - soz!

@cheem

Curry leaves and curry powder are two entirely different things. The leaves give dishes a smokey flavor and are not commonly found in curries.

3 Likes