The 2022 Superb Owl winner is

25 Likes

Falcon??

Looks more to me like a macguffin.

8 Likes

This little netsuke owl spent a lot of time in my pocket.

15 Likes

My entry. Made by artisans of the Guarani People.

14 Likes

15 Likes

My Superb Owl is a little Steiff one that I’ve had as long as I can remember. My grandmother bought it for me in a thrift store in the 1970s. (My grandmother bought a lot of stuff in thrift stores, not all of it as superb as this owl.)

16 Likes

Boop

9 Likes

Here’s one we scored from my wife’s dad’s collection of owls and owlets. No matter how much her dad’s enjoying the afterlife now, we miss him a lot.

15 Likes
11 Likes

7 Likes

12 Likes

5 Likes

Nah. If you scratch the paint, turns out it’s fake.

4 Likes

Those look like really nice replicas. (And they come in 10/20/30lb version, wow.)
When delivered in the newspaper/twine bundle, the effect must be amazing. (In performing the drop-off, the Fedex guy really should stagger in, look heavenward, and fall down stone-dead, but that’s probably asking a lot.)

The one off-note was the printed delivery label. Captain Jacobi of the La Paloma would have typed up the note on-board, or created a hastily written, ad hoc note.

4 Likes

Yeah the wrapping is so great for presentation omg - if I got it, I’d probably leave it on, torn open half-way to reveal the falcon

2 Likes

This Superb Owl is helping me brush up my German!

Die Eule lehrt Deutsch!

11 Likes

I got the 10lb version. Just the right amount of heft if someone wants to pick it up.

I didn’t go for the wrapping but I totally would for a gift.

1 Like

The same superb owl is helping me learn Irish…

Dia Duit!

8 Likes

gif-owl-animals-6195190

18 Likes

Winner, winner, field mouse dinner!

So cute!

9 Likes