The 2024 Santa Monica Film Festival was chock full of red-pilled conspiracy content

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/24/the-2024-santa-monica-film-festival-was-chock-full-of-red-pilled-conspiracy-content.html

5 Likes
17 Likes

You need to take great care to avoid typos and factual errors, because conspiracy theorists will exploit them to discredit you.

18 Likes

Agreed.

@orenwolf because Jennifer Sandlin does not have a user name to address.

6 Likes

The tin foil hats can double as popcorn tubs

9 Likes

Wait…he’s a member of both Scientology and the Nation of Islam? How does that work?

13 Likes

The thetans were implanted by evil white scientists, of course (/s if that wasn’t completely obvious)

9 Likes

The other day I read something saying that Louis Farrakhan himself is a Scientologist. It turns out that he endorses Dianetics and auditing but insists that he is not a Scientologist. The Nation of Islam now runs Dianetics courses itself.

14 Likes

Isn’t it @LowlyWorm2022 ?

7 Likes

Um, they’ll do that anyway. :woman_shrugging: I’m really tired of all of us worrying how they’re going to twist shit, because they twist shit no matter what…

As @Purplecat noted, they share a sort of sci-fi world view…

Yes, it is…

7 Likes

This sent me down an interesting rabbit hole. I didn’t realize this, but the Nation of Islam was founded after a schism in the Moorish Science Temple, which still exists today and is closely related to the Moorish Sovereign Citizen movement, thus the sovereign citizen nonsense mentioned in the link above.

14 Likes

Yeah, the history of NOI is pretty fascinating.

6 Likes

Calypso Louie wanted to add some more grift on top of his grift.

4 Likes

Thanks.

4 Likes

Which is worse, Plandemic or Birdemic?

4 Likes

This is really disappointing. I grew up in Santa Monica, a long time ago when it was something approaching diverse. There were always rich assholes there, but they were in the minority, and Silicon Beach was decades away.

Now I don’t even recognize the place. I can’t go west of the 405 without my blood boiling, and while this news is disappointing it’s completely unsurprising.

6 Likes

Wow. The woman mentioned in that “the vaccine killed me” had covid twice before she got the vaccine in July and then died suddenly in November. Somehow it was the vaccine that killed her. Family Blames Pfizer Shot After Their 18-Year-Old Healthy Daughter Dies Suddenly From Unknown Cause | The Gateway Pundit | by Jim Hᴏft

The documentary’s twitter page retweeted Alex Jones today and back in July interacted with a post claiming the old “you don’t need to pay taxes” scam…

8 Likes

Mind Blown GIF

10 Likes

This was super disturbing. I was not expecting the tie into End Times Are Nigh Christianity, but I suppose given the most reliable predictor of whether someone will believe a batshit crazy conspiracy theory is whether they believe in any other batshit crazy conspiracy theory, I should have.

9 Likes

And the “kiss but no tongue” claim of sticking to just Dianetics isn’t actually true, but two cults trying to merge their mindfucks is a tricky business.

8 Likes