The 30 US landmarks most likely to be obliterated by climate change

I’d love to ignore vapid non-debate debates, but I think there’s been some pretty good arguments that when you just let lies/half-truths sit without being challenged, it helps to perpetuate the lies to those who may still be sitting on the fence and/or still learning about it.

Vastly too much of the American public along with some that visit popular blogs like Boing Boing still aren’t educated on this and are inundated and influenced with unchallenged, fossil fuel industry propaganda.

Please keep in mind, there is an insidious, concerted effort by energy companies to stall action on climate change so they can continue to milk their current infrastructure. The very popular reason.com that unfortunately all too often gets linked via Boing Boing does its part for climate change impact denial among a sea of other bullshit, libertarian “think tanks” and the like.

I think it’s time for the Boing Boing mods to step up and delete climate change denier derailments. If someone has something new to bring to the table that’s going to turn the heads of 97% of the world’s climate scientists, that’s one thing… but rehashing old, tired propaganda and trite distractions is a destructive waste of time and brings the quality and potential benefits of this entire BBS down.

I have to wonder if the smart people on this BBS were discussing solutions instead of squabbling with deniers, what incredible ideas could have come about to really change things? We’ll never know at this point and that’s a fucking shame.

Do we really need to roll this gif out again? CowTip to @kcsaff here.

3 Likes