The Army is testing a new exoskeleton that’s halfway between Iron Man and the ALIENS Power Loader suit

exohecepsol

1 Like

I can’t wait to see what kind of shenanigans bored E4s get up to in these things.

1 Like

That whole getup looks really heavy. Like, it would be useless against moats. On the plus side, I wouldn’t mind seeing more moats. You don’t get too many of those these days.

So that’s where the term “house wars” comes from. They’d build your house, and then they’d go off to forcibly tear down houses built by a rival construction crew.

Neat.

Man, the United States is so ready for when when World War II happens again.

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m going to say it would be cheaper to just build a small battery powered 4 wheeler or tread based robot instead (and by robot I really mean smart enough to follow a soldier). So not exactly exciting for the hype train in the military industrial complex but something that would actually have both military and civilian use cases with EXISTING TECHNOLOGY. Seriously, it’s not even a problem like a self driving car. Just put a remote with a d-pad and make it more rugged so a toddler won’t destroy it (should be rugged enough for the military too). Plus maybe some self directing behavior like homing in on the remote with collision detection (this won’t be fast we’re talking 3mph max anyways but it’s not cool to have a 100+ lbs rolling over your foot).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.