The artist Grimes doesn't vibe on farming

On the other hand, the only reason this is getting any attention at all is precisely because she is Elon Musk’s girlfriend.

This is the second time I’ve see this “story” today. And until today, I don’t think I’d ever heard of her, and if anyone had asked me who “Grimes” was, I’d think they were talking about Frank Grimes from the Simpsons.

2 Likes

Isn’t this form of technological progress at the heart of Marxism?

7 Likes

Not sure about that, since she’s very popular and well known all on her own. Maybe your perspective isn’t shared by everyone else?

13 Likes

can you imagine the conversations between grimes and elon after a few bong hits? my head would explode.

Exactly… talk about weeding out corruption, Grimes. You’re on the inside for eff sakes.

And get the books! We had the books already as they came out and my children didn’t really go for the TV series. Probably outgrew it.

5 Likes

Exactly. She’s an award-winning musician whose career predates her relationship with Musk by quite a while.

6 Likes

Grimes is definitely one of a kind.
I’ll bet Elon was pursuing her since he heard this track…

Oh, man, this thread makes me miss io9 when it was still a great place to discover new sci fi and fantasy. Every article about some new PK Dick adaptation would turn into the commentariat throwing out recommendations for some obscure author or filmmaker around a similar theme.

14 Likes

Yeah, she’s pretty good, but she’s dating some dude that wants to send people through pneumatic tubes at 700 miles an hour.

4 Likes

What did they call their kid again? Tells everything i need to know about this duo.

So basically the philosophy behind self driving cars, but applied to farming. Does that mean driving a Tesla is the fastest path to communism too?

2 Likes

“Computers are literal-minded and stupid; electronic records aren’t really records … so it is good to be alert to opportunities to foul up the system.” – Robert Heinlein from the novel Friday

Seriously, the more I see non programmers and non compsci people chime in on AI the more I realize how little people know about what we don’t know in regards to intelligence or self-guided programs. So seeing folks think you can take humans out of the driver’s seat of economy is just amusing to me. All AIs will do is just turn everything into paperclips if given half a chance (mostly because humans are bad at figuring out requirements for programs).

9 Likes

Beetle Battle Bixby Banana Blaster?

1 Like

Yeah, why in the world can’t everyone be normal like you?

4 Likes

That story has such a great descriptive passage of utter desolation. Always stayed with me since first reading it.

The area was wild. No human settlements existed for miles; the entire region had been seared flat, cauterized by repeated H-bomb blasts. Somewhere in the murky darkness, a sluggish trickle of water made its way among slag and weeds, dripping thickly into what had once been an elaborate labyrinth of sewer mains. The pipes lay cracked and broken, jutting up into the night darkness, overgrown with creeping vegetation. The wind raised clouds of black ash that swirled and danced among the weeds. Once an enormous mutant wren stirred sleepily, pulled its crude protective night coat of rags around it and dozed off.

4 Likes

i ALSO share the love of HIlda. My almost 15yr old son says its good. which is high praise from a 15 yr old

DeerFox is awesum!

5 Likes

Somehow I think Jason is making less sense than Grimes.

1 Like

Don’t have any tattoos, but if I ever did it would be “Poor Impulse Control” across the forehead.

And if I was really a jack-hole, I’d make it in comic sans to ensure I was punched.

5 Likes

No she’s in here 30s… As someone who looked like a teen well into her 30s, and had to deal with the double misgyny of not being taking serious because I looked young and was a woman, how about we don’t do that here?

Except we’ve fucked over our heartland turning it into factory farms, and the SW and west are fucked right now with a massive drought.

I’ll believe it when I see it. So far, the predictions have not borne any real fruit.

Well, girls like her, so that’s not real fame… /s

16 Likes