The best can opener I've owned

My brother-in-law has that one as well. While dog sitting for him, I marveled at its ease of use, but by the end of the week it quit working reliably and after a few more days my wife couldn’t get it to work at all and I only had random success. Not sure what we did to it, but we had to start bringing ours over…

3 Likes

Meh. I have one of these Oxo openers and its just ok. Their solution is just to throw more plastic at it. If you want a real can opener forget that side cutting crap. There is only one can opener:

1 Like

I’m another happy Kuhn Rikon customer. Got it when the kids were little because of how safe it is, but honestly I’m the one who has benefited the most: haven’t cut myself on a can since.

1 Like

And less than $10, for a standard 407. :Two words…geared cutters. Of course I also have a p-38 in my wallet just in case.

1 Like

I’ve ordered one. Will compare and contrast. @fields ty as well.

For maximum manliness, this is the crap you want:

2 Likes

a small file works. I’m on my third or fourth re-sharpening with the cheapie can-opener I got at the supermarket. the cheapie file set I got from my local big-box hardware store came with like ten of these small-sized files along with all the normal-sized ones. work like a charm.

I-is… Is unicorn meat Teriyaki? That looks like Teriyaki. Which would be the only way that unicorn meat should ever be prepared. It’s too rare and delicious for plain old steak.

I actually have one of these in the kitchen. It came with the house, and will open anything from those dinky chili pepper cans, to a 55 Gallon oil drum if you slam down on it hard enough.

3 Likes

I have the OXO one and it’s pretty great, I think it may be BB’s fault I bought it.

I read the beginning of the first sentence as “flywheel with a can opener…” Now there’s a patentable idea.

Wow that redirected me to a ton of spammy ads. (I can’t install NoScript on the work computer, because security.)

I have gone on to my 2nd Swing-a-way. Something went wrong with the first.

But it did last for apx 20 years.

Try Untappd

related to topic:

1 Like

2 Likes

"Some day all beer cans will open this easy!"

Then we won’t have to drink Schlitz!
Then the little woman won’t chip those nails fetching me a beer!
Then we will have little pierce-here marks so we can make the holes 180 degrees apart, not 45!
Then we won’t worry about that adjective/adverb thing ever again! Think different!

So much packed into one ad.

2 Likes

I like it! Where is it made?

1 Like

in the United F-cking States of America

1 Like

They were 100% right: one day, beer cans were much easier to open!

Nah, sorry. This ain’t the best.

This is.