The best Indian food in Los Angeles is served in a gas station

Bombay Frankie Company

Good name for a band.

2 Likes

In Medley Florida near Miami, there is a great Cuban restaurant that’s in a Shell station called Mi Habana Cafe.

1 Like

If you’re ever in Decatur, Georgia, hit up the K BBQ Taco for the best Korean burritos and tacos. It’s in a tiny hole-in-the-wall shop in the town center with seating in the hallway next to the elevators. It’s fantastic!

1 Like

Two of my favorite taco places in MD are in gas stations, and I remember a place in the Philly suburbs that did Indian food in a gas station. No frills means ability to focus on the food.

1 Like

Now I am going to have to try it since it’s right near me. I figured it would be someplace hipper.

1 Like

To be fair they have malt vinegar as well which always gets liberally applied to my deep fried fishy things.
And oh they are soooooooo goood.

2 Likes

the only acceptable thing to put on your fish supper…

I’ve seen the ‘sauce’ labelled as ‘curry sauce’ before. It’s usually orange. That might be more of an English thing though.
Oh, and I assume you allow salt with the vinegar? Only way imo.
Mind you, a pickled onion as a side…

damnit, I’m hungry now :frowning:

1 Like

Goes without saying. The only people who don’t put salt on their chips are:

• those with high blood pressure or another health problem aggravated by the stuff
  • small children who get more than enough salt through their five-bags-a-day crisps habit*
  • freaks.

* More aspirational than actual, at least as long as I can keep the little sods in my sight.

1 Like

What could you possibly not find appetising about this?

mmmm, orange.

See Americans, if you subjugate an entire sub-continent for two hundred years, this is the sort of delicacy you get!

3 Likes

Maybe they need to employ some dabbawalas.

4 Likes

You got real vinegar on your fish and chip?

2 Likes

That’s what the label says anyway.

It seems to be a mixture of this and spirit vinegar

2 Likes

The best hamburgers come from gas stations too.

2 Likes

That’s what they say, but there’s got to be more to it than that, or the stuff across the river wouldn’t taste so … lacking.

I suspect some Hilary Briss-style shenanigans.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve heard! I’ve yet to make the trek* up there, though.

(* Depending on time of day/traffic)

I’ve mentioned it before but the best hamburgers I’ve ever had (fried/griddled, not grilled) were from gas stations.

1 Like

If you don’t mean Tartar sauce, then your statement is invalid.

I hate peas. These peas are amazing.

As for the beer, Seattle has a thing about their local beers. I can throw a rock and hit a dozen breweries.

1 Like

i know exactly where that is, and let me tell you that intersection is FUCKED. i guess the whole gas station aspect means at the right time you could always just park at a pump, order, then splash and dash and pick up the food though

english and most other european languages are from PIE, which was basically sanskrit