The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

Oh I think we’ve been there since the morning after the debate.

8 Likes

Saw that on the Guardian, too… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

American Airlines has a contract deal with flight attendants, and President Biden is happy about it

https://apnews.com/article/american-airlines-agreement-flight-attendants-contract-strike-206fe0d0d1f13b734f2f8667c8184286

5 Likes

Sounds like they got much-needed increases. I wonder if that puts them over effective minimum wage yet? But at least it’s forward progress.

Notice the lag - the airline probably froze wages due to the drop off in travel from COVID, but after travel recovered in 2022, kept them frozen for another couple of years while raking in record profits. There is a LOT of money to be made in the integral of the hysteresis curve between the resurgence of revenue and restoration of COL increases in pay. :rage:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Seeing that in medicine as well. Our nurses just got their first raise since covid, the docs are scheduled for this year. Even in not-for-profit orgs, the bottom line gets a lot of attention.

9 Likes

3 out of 4 major hospital systems here had nursing strikes in the past year. The fourth only avoided it by being proactive (which is their philosophy about healthcare, too).

6 Likes
5 Likes

So Biden still has half a year left on his term. Maybe he should take that shiny new immunity out for a spin?

11 Likes

Cough Voting Rights Act cough

12 Likes

The US has no limits on lead or cadmium in baby formula?

The Office of the United States Trade Representative is like a parallel state department working for the chamber of commerce, and they’ll cheerfully threaten to shiv even friendly nations.

5 Likes

Joe Biden Car GIF by GIPHY News

:cry:

6 Likes
11 Likes

He’s on the tv now!

7 Likes

I like watching Fox after a speech like that.

We’re sitting here wondering what speech they watched because their comments don’t match the speech we watched.

And Brit Hume might want to take a cue from Biden when it comes to passing the torch.

4 Likes

Megan Mullally Lol GIF by Will & Grace

4 Likes

That is not my recollection of why Biden didn’t run in 2016. My recollection is that a lot of people did want him to run, but he didn’t, because he was still in mourning over Beau and his heart wasn’t in it. It’s a moot point now, but that sounds like some retcon bs.

12 Likes

That is my recollection as well. Asking that of him at that time was not OK IMHO.

7 Likes

I also can’t help but notice that it’s painting Obama as the bad guy, implying he was the force behind keeping or pushing Biden aside, and I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some racism behind that. Not to mention misogyny since in both stories, a woman runs in his place.

I’ve said it before, but I wasn’t thrilled with how all this went down, and I don’t like the casual ageism I’ve seen on display, but honestly, after watching Biden’s address last night, I really think he made the right decision. The content of his message was great. The delivery…he seemed weaker and more tired to me than I’ve ever seen him. He didn’t stumble as much as he did at the debate, but the delivery wasn’t perfect. His stutter has noticeably gotten worse, which isn’t surprising and also doesn’t mean he’s in cognitive decline. Still…Harris is energizing people and I don’t think Biden can do that as well anymore. And this year, above all others, we need people energized.

8 Likes

I can’t help but notice it’s written in the same manner of romantic omniscient reportage as most tabloid articles about breakups between movie stars.

6 Likes