The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

A bit weird? AOC is one of the smartest people in Congress. The right constantly tries to paint her as not being smart, focusing on the fact that she worked as a bartender at the time she got elected. But her academic credentials are beyond impressive. Your question is something I would expect from someone like Tucker Carlson.

8 Likes

It’s difficult for me to imagine that there’s some better way to word it. :confused:

2 Likes

Once again, I was NOT trying to mean anything negative or diminish her credentials.

I. Screwed. Up.

I guess I suck at being sarcastic I dunno.

3 Likes

Throw a “/s” at the end. Sarcasm is extremely difficult to pull off in short text form. Almost impossible, actually.

4 Likes

Which is why I tend to avoid talking anything political on social media haha

1 Like

Why not just state plainly what you think?

2 Likes

I think they were trying to make a joke, speaking in the voice of an AOC detractor. Like I said, put a “/s” at the end of that, and it works.

5 Likes

Because a lot of the time I think i’m sounding clever and trying to talk in analogy to try to make up for a lack of technical knowledge, but in actuality I end up sounding like a dumbass and that adds nothing substantial to an argument and conversation :man_shrugging:

Don’t want to add to fire by being imprecise. Sorta like how Matty Healy’s misguided protest at one of his concerts ended up hurting lgbt people in Malaysia.

2 Likes

I see, thanks for explaining that.

Okay, that sounds good. I think it is okay to instead just say what you think, and to also ask questions of others here. Clever snark isn’t the only form of communication favored among us happy mutants.

4 Likes

She came in second in the microbiologycategory of the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in 2007 with a research project on the effect of antioxidants on the lifespan of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans .[20][21] In a show of appreciation for her efforts, the MIT Lincoln Laboratorynamed a small asteroid after her: 23238 Ocasio-Cortez.[22][23] In high school, she took part in the National Hispanic Institute’s Lorenzo de Zavala (LDZ) Youth Legislative Session. She later became the LDZ Secretary of State while she attended Boston University. Ocasio-Cortez had a [John F. Lopez Fellowship](National Hispanic Institute - Wikipedia

Lopez_Fellowship_(JFL)).[24]

During college, Ocasio-Cortez was an intern for U.S. senator Ted Kennedy in his section on foreign affairs and immigration issues.[28] In interviews, she said she was the only Spanish speaker in the office and the sole person responsible for assisting Spanish-speaking constituents.[28][29][30] Ocasio-Cortez graduated cum laude [31] from Boston University in 2011 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in both international relations and economics.

6 Likes

piper-lady-brain

5 Likes

I forgive @mr_raccoon , who says they didn’t mean that, and was instead shooting for snarky sarcasm.

5 Likes

Schitts Creek Girl GIF by CBC
:laughing:

4 Likes

He should be.

8 Likes

The media keeps sending out mixed messages… the Guardian keeps insisting he’s thinking of dropping out, and now here is NBC saying Biden is pissed at the pressure…

God Damn It Kevin Hart GIF by BuzzFeed

5 Likes

Thanks for explaining, I didn’t realize!

(This has all been more evidence I suppose that we should all be kinder and more patient and tolerant. At least initially!)

7 Likes

Nice To Meet You Nicolas Cage GIF by Nordisk Film Finland

5 Likes

Well, how else are we supposed to get your clicks!?

6 Likes

NBC can’t make up its mind. Again, this is based on anonymous sources. I don’t believe it.

7 Likes

Feels like we’re getting dangerously close to the tail wagging the dog in this whole “Biden stepping down” situation. Smdh.

8 Likes