The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

My mood after that speech…

9 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/07/15/rent-cap-biden-housing/

8 Likes
7 Likes

Even if that were true, at this point it is incredibly tone deaf. Damn it, don’t do this, Joe.

8 Likes

No Joe; that’s been one of your largest failures.

9 Likes

A few years too late, but sorely needed.

10 Likes

Uh ohs.

6 Likes

I bet there’s lots and lots of covid at the Milwaukee convention center right now, but it will never be acknowledged.

10 Likes

The NY Times tomorrow (probably): Can Biden survive COVID at his advanced age?

6 Likes

This is discouraging. Where is the example on how to care about the people around you.

Biden was seen boarding Air Force One, not wearing a mask, and told reporters he feels “good.”

7 Likes

Is she thinking that she’s going to lose that sort-of national rent control as a platform plus other platforms at the DNC deal

3 Likes

I think she is right. There isn’t a clear frontrunner and they need to be coming out strong if they are thinking of replacing Joe.

Dems should be beating down the doors for their UBERMENSCH candidate who they are 120% confident on. It isn’t there.

She’s right that the Republicans can contest that person to the end of time and more easily get the decision in the hands of the most corrupt SCOTUS in the history of the US who has 100% committed to making Donald Trump the de facto dictator of the US for his natural life and comfortable destroying our economy and watching our people die from their villas.

Ratfucking.

And it sucks because Joe is old and he is weak but he is also our best shot.

By “we” and “our” I mean those of us who live and work in the United States and have under 1 Bil of liquid assets we can access at any time and who do not have connections with the heads of foreign states who can pay to protect us in their country.

8 Likes

What?

By “she” do you mean AOC?

I don’t suspect anything she says in that piece of being generated by self-interest. I think she’s pointing out that Dem elites want to dump both Biden and Harris. I wonder if in the fuller video, she attributes any of the latter to sexism and racism.

6 Likes

She actually makes some really good points that should give anyone who considers themselves “progressive” pause to consider who or what else may be influencing the channel from which they are consuming information and why.

Whatever anyone thinks of her, good or bad, she’s giving people the realities of politics in plain English.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9l41vgOAGj/

8 Likes

I think she doesn’t want to lose the most progressive Presidential administration we’ve had since LBJ because she’s a progressive. I wasn’t expecting that from Biden, and I’m pretty sure she wasn’t either, but it happened. I think she sincerely would like to see Joe Biden continue as President, or, if he can’t, for Kamala Harris to take over if and when he can’t. I think she’s politically experienced enough to realize that if Biden drops out, the rest of the Democratic Party isn’t likely to just swiftly and unanimously back Harris. There will be a faction supporting Harris, a faction supporting Newsom, a faction supporting Whitmer, and maybe a couple of others, and until the delegates at the Convention choose one of them, they will all be campaigning against each other instead of against Trump, and I think she realizes that’s a really stupid fucking thing to do.

9 Likes

I’m not denying that. But is she is smart enough to make deals about the DNC platform.

1 Like

What makes you think she may not be smart enough for that?

And why is what you’re focusing on whatever she herself may be trying to get out of the potential reshuffle, instead of what she actually says about the potential reshuffle in the piece you linked to?

5 Likes

Is that a serious question?

5 Likes

Worded that a bit weird and was not trying to sound dismissive. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

Yeah and remember now that literally any typically conservative interest that has a lucid grasp on economics and maybe doesn’t like the sound of the kind instability Trump has pledged to unleash on us all… they’re throwing money into this ring too. There are big oil democrats and isp democrats etc. Anyone who would have voted for Romney probably would do better under at Dem at this point now.

So they are not going to have some one lined up. It will be a power vacuum.

And in the meantime TRUMP will look like the stable party.

Literally Biden dying before the election would be a BETTER outcome for the Dems.

I can’t even hide my disgust for this party anymore but damned if I’m giving up my chance to vote in what might be the last election of my life.

9 Likes