The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

Maybe Biden or Abrams felt her presence would overshadow him. Plus, her not going has all the GOP outlets talking about the speech. Generating buzz for that side of the spectrum may have also been a reason.

6 Likes

She also might have legitimately had other shit to do, though.

But yeah, it’s hard to know.

I guess I was a few blocks from where they were going to be at today? They closed down the street car, which goes right by the King Center/Ebeneezer/ King’s grave, etc…

7 Likes

I’m sure she has a legit conflict I don’t know Abrams, of course, but I don’t think she’d lie about it. I imagine most things could be rescheduled if need be, so she probably made a choice to not do that. So I find myself speculating

3 Likes

Speculate away! In my dreams, she blew this off to attend a meeting with Kate Mulgrew to talk about Capt. Janeway!

6 Likes

Although i’m sure Biden would sign that bill, i’m guessing that Nancy would do everything in her power to try to convince him not to sign it.

8 Likes

It’s how they make money. Why would they stop? Nancy knows this.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve seen the remnants of a couple of these on a nearby gas station (a pretty solidly blue ATL suburb)… The first time I saw it, I though it was PRO Biden, as the cost of gas has been going down… it’s currently 2.80 or so, which is much lower than it was like a year ago.

9 Likes
12 Likes
9 Likes

The left - by which I mean democrats- were right about not splitting those bills.

9 Likes

American embassy in London has a chronic lack of self awareness when complaining about Russia:

7 Likes

Lack of self-awareness, or “It’s different when we do it”-ism?

3 Likes

Of course, it’s important to remember that for all of American hypocrisy, Russia is exactly as bad as the US govt says.

(I do hope this is unnecessary reminder on BB, but pseudo-tankies and people blinded by their dislike of America pop up, supporting Putin, in the weirdest of places.)

7 Likes

And while America has gone back and forth between “not great…” to “absolutely horrible” from one election cycle to the next, Putin’s ironclad grip on power has kept Russia awful for two decades now, with little hope for improvement.

6 Likes

Seems CNN has decided to sh’t on Biden now that he has expended all his political capital.

4 Likes

Potentially good news on the climate aspects of the Build Back Better bill:

6 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t think anyone should trust David Sirota about anything, least of all politics.

4 Likes

This is how administrations work. You try to get legislation as it can do more and has more permanence. But when you fail, you figure which ones you have a chance of passing, which you don’t & which have the greatest immediacy.

Voting rights has to be at the top of that list if you want to preserve democracy and existing rights. Climate actions and choice right up there with it. Some big actions there to kick off with would lay down a marker.

That said - I don’t read any articles posted from Counterpunch. They punched down on my people with too much vigor. Fuck em. Where’s the correction? Remorse? Our voice in their masthead?

14 Likes