The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

7 Likes

9 whole bridges!!

/s (out of how many thousands of them in need of repair?)

7 Likes

Guy Ritchhie

real housewives nene GIF

8 Likes

or “The Republicans are corrupt bastards chained to Trump” issues because they think voters want to talk about “kitchen table issues.” There are many problems with this, but one is, mostly, they aren’t offering anything. This involves touting Biden’s job record, bragging they’ve brought inflation down, and saying, basically, “message: we care about kitchen table issues.”

Mostly it’s away to avoid talking about doing anything, not an agenda for doing something, even an aspirational one.

And lacking an agreeable Congress, the “culture war issues” (these are all very important, not actually debates about whether candy coated chocolate mascots should be hot or not), are largely where the executive has power. Both actual power and the “bully pulpit.”

7 Likes

I mean, it’s a start? Out of the actual trillions required. “A journey of a thousand miles starts with a footstep.”

10 Likes
7 Likes

Not so long after this:

8 Likes

Unfortunately, the past is looking very much like prologue again.

7 Likes
10 Likes

President Biden’s remarks last night were more poignant and funny than I expected:

11 Likes

They need much better solutions for migrants at the border. Here’s John Oliver’s report on Biden administration policies:

8 Likes

I wonder if Biden and Co. are following the same script as Obama and Co. did, that of acting “tough on illegal immigration,” perhaps so that Republican claims that they’re weak on it have less bite.

9 Likes

Today (April 28), President Joseph R. Biden Jr. is commuting the sentences of 31 individuals.

All drug offenses.

8 Likes

I suspect that is true, because it is such a big GOP talking point. However, this is a disaster being repeated in a lot of countries. The model for refugees from Ukraine should be the foundation to build on, though, not deportation. It highlights the need to address the humanitarian crises in housing and healthcare for impoverished citizens, too. After doing their best to create as many unhoused people as possible, I expect the GOP to start blaming Biden for it and compare treatment of asylum seekers to folks they are oppressing in multiple states.

9 Likes
3 Likes

This sounds like a familiar issue:

6 Likes

Hungry Food GIF

7 Likes

Are you filing this as an atrocity or grace?

2 Likes

Relegating the First Lady to a more traditional role, I guess? She shouldn’t be expected to have to mother him.

4 Likes

Right? People surely know that the White House has a multiple chefs/cooks, and recipes for hiding disliked veggies in food have existed for a long time now. :woman_shrugging:t4:

8 Likes