The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

I bet they have the advanced technology to cut the crusts off his sandwiches too.

6 Likes

What do you think they founded Peleus (now In-Q-Tel) for?

2 Likes

src

3 Likes

because over the last few days, there’s been a slow but steady softening in Biden’s “no negotiating the debt ceiling” stance. Maybe a break from negotiations will stiffen his resolve.

5 Likes

Hopefully, it’s because he’s considering a move that requires no negotiation at all:

8 Likes

Guess the angle on his speech that Fox News leaned into…

:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Good call on the part of DoJ, upholding basic constitutional protections around sharing food - esp. given the increasingly hostile environments cropping up around providing services for unhoused people. (one of the most extreme examples being the recent horrific attack on Food Not Bombs in Reno).

8 Likes

I wonder what Fox says is a bigger terrorist threat. Probably “taxing the rich.”

9 Likes

I started to write is Dan Littlebong really that stupid, then my internal monologue said “actually, yeah”.

2 Likes

And the “surge” of fentanyl carrying migrants “pouring” over the border, “overwhelming” jack-booted th… I mean our precious law enforcement who have no way to defend themselves against the evil MS-13… /super, extra bitter SSSSSSS

7 Likes
9 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

Source:

6 Likes

Neither a grace nor an atrocity… yet.

I don’t have any legal analysis to add to the work done by Lawrence Tribe and others. I do have to say that I find it delicious that the wording on the debt in the 14th Amendment was put there to deal with pretty much exactly the situation we face today: a gang of former confederates gain control of Congress and look to wreck the economy to avenge their defeat in the Civil War.

So, is Biden also thinking of invoking the 14th Amendment and saying that the government is not constrained by Republican efforts to default on the debt? I can’t say. I also can’t say what the Republican Supreme Court will do.

But many of us have underestimated Biden before. He managed to get an amazing amount of important legislation through a 50-50 Senate, and with only a narrow Democratic majority in the House. It doesn’t seem likely that he would walk into negotiations with a Republican Speaker indebted to the party’s biggest loons without a backup plan.

7 Likes

I also liked these points about the debt ceiling:

8 Likes

Oh wellz. So much for something creative.

3 Likes

I don’t know. Invoking the 14th would inevitably land in court, and given the current makeup of the USSC, I don’t feel good about the odds there. I hope they have a plan B!

5 Likes

I just hope it’s not B for Biden caving to these pyromaniac hostage takers in the Freedum Caucus.

2 Likes

Just mint the freaking coin already.

4 Likes