The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

The Biden administration on Thursday placed the final cornerstone of its plan to tackle climate change: a regulation that would force the nation’s coal-fired power plants to virtually eliminate the planet-warming pollution that they release into the air, or shut down.

This administration’s strongest legacy is going to be its climate agenda.

Edit: oops, I see @milliefink already posted this in Good (Encouraging) Stuff. Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2) - #1707 by milliefink

10 Likes

Well, with those plants shut down, there’s plenty of coke for everyone!

7 Likes

If you have SiriusXM, Howard Stern is interviewing Biden right now

Its actually really good.

Listening to Joe speak, there’s no way anyone could think he has dementia.

But I’ll bet the right picks it a part.

The interview caught many by surprise, as it was not listed on Biden’s public schedule.

7 Likes

Not the New York Times?

Sulzie will sulk for a month!

6 Likes

Somebody clearly told trump Biden said he would debate during the Stern interview.

Crooked Joe Biden just announced that he’s willing to debate! Everyone knows he doesn’t really mean it, but in case he does, I say, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYPLACE, an old expression used by Fighters. I suggest Monday Evening, Tuesday Evening, or Wednesday Evening at my Rally in Michigan, a State that he is in the process of destroying with his E.V. Mandate. In the alternative, he’s in New York City today, although probably doesn’t know it, and so am I, stuck in one of the many Court cases that he instigated as ELECTION INTERFERENCE AGAINST A POLITICAL OPPONENT - A CONTINUING WITCH HUNT! It’s the only way he thinks he can win. In fact, let’s do the Debate at the Courthouse tonight - on National Television, I’ll wait around!

4 Likes

Did Stern push back at all on Tromp’s “Wahhh, I’m a victim!” routine?

6 Likes

Howard can turn it on and off when he wants to.

He was very respectful and prepared for the interview. He said he even put on a suit for the President. You could tell he took it very seriously because like all of us Stern is also afraid for the country.

It was mostly biographical about Biden’s career and his family. Biden teared up when talking about his son.

They only briefly talked about trump.

We were listening trying to imagine trump giving a coherent interview without attacking his opponents.

Or talking about history. Biden is well versed on most every subject.

There is no question who the better person is.

We enjoy Stern’s interviews but switch him off when he goes back to the juvenile stuff.

He’s normally only live 3 days a week, when I scrolled through my SiriusXM favorites and saw he was live on a Friday I knew he was up to something.

I’m glad I noticed it.

5 Likes

Biden’s complete 9-minute comedy bit. Only first half is comedy:

5 Likes
6 Likes

Funding for what now?

3 Likes

UNRWA funding

4 Likes
8 Likes

RWNJ demand for passage, I suspect.

5 Likes

(Associated Press reprint)

Japan is a critical U.S. ally. And India, one of the world’s fastest-growing economies, is a vital partner in the Indo-Pacific despite differences on human rights.

At a hotel fundraiser where the donor audience was largely Asian American, Biden said the upcoming U.S. election was about “freedom, America and democracy” and that the nation’s economy was thriving “because of you and many others.”

“Why? Because we welcome immigrants,” Biden said. “Look, think about it. Why is China stalling so badly economically? Why is Japan having trouble? Why is Russia? Why is India? Because they’re xenophobic. They don’t want immigrants.”

The president added: “Immigrants are what makes us strong. Not a joke. That’s not hyperbole, because we have an influx of workers who want to be here and want to contribute.”

4 Likes

AIUI, he’s not very wrong about Japan, at least. Definitely not about Russia, either.

2 Likes
2 Likes

TBF, India is run by Hindu Nationalists, and they’re all up in the fascist playbooks.

5 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/10/politics/biden-administration-terminate-flores-settlement-agreement/index.html

6 Likes

From the article… to they claim that they want to draw up new regulations in the spirit of Flores, with what they say are additional protections…

The Biden administration has previously signaled that it planned to end the Flores agreement, instead preparing a federal regulation that, the administration argues, “faithfully implements” the requirements spelled out in the settlement, provides additional protections and responds to “unforeseen changed circumstances since 1997.” The regulation was published in late April.

:woman_shrugging:

I guess we’ll have to see if that’s the case.

[ETA] Also from the article on why some are concerned:

But immigration attorneys have expressed concern over the lack of outside oversight if the Flores settlement is terminated.
“If the government were to prevail in its motion, HHS would no longer be bound by the Flores settlement. As Flores counsel, we would no longer be able to interview children in HHS custody, or file motions to enforce when the rights guaranteed by Flores are denied to children in HHS custody,” said Neha Desai, senior director of immigration at the National Center for Youth Law.

7 Likes

I know that international trade policy is a complex issue, but this feels like a net loss for the environment considering that American automakers don’t seem to be interested in building small, affordable, environmentally-friendly vehicles right now:

I’m pretty sure that most of us wouldn’t be in favor of this policy if it were enacted by the GOP.

4 Likes